Office of the District Magistrate Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) has issued notification of New Covid-19 restrictions applicable in Islamabad with immediate effect and these measures will remain enforced till 15th April, 2021.
Commissioner Islamabad and Deputy Commissioner Islamabad shared the notification copy on social media a while ago of new covid restriction applicable in the city with immediate effect.
New Covid 19 Restrictions imposed in Islamabad
According to the notification read “In exercise of power under Epidemic Diseases Control Act 1958, and in compliance of the directions of the National Command Operation Center (NCOC):
- 50% work from home policy will be implemented in ICT with immediate effect.
- The time limit of 10:00 pm on all commercial activities is hereby re-enforced with immediate effect except essential services (Pharmacy and medicine shops, groceries stores and bakeries etc.)
- All Amusement parks in ICT will be closed at 6:00 PM.
- The earlier decision of allowing indoor weddings, indoor dining, and the opening of cinemas and shrines with effect from 15th March 2021 has been withdrawn, However, outdoor dining/take away will continue as per previous practice with strict enforcement of COVID-19 SOPs.
- Outdoor gatherings will be allowed in open space, limited to a maximum of 300 individuals with strict enforcement of COVID-19 SOPs.
- Implementation of SOPs regarding social distancing, wearing of face masks, proper sanitation, and disinfection will continue. In case of any violation, strict action will be taken again the violator.
- These measures will remain enforced till 15th April 2021.
This order shall come into force immediately. (11th March 2021)
Earlier, Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mehmood announced that all public and private schools in seven cities of Punjab will observe spring break and be closed for 2 weeks starting 15 March 2021 till 28 March 2021 after a spike of coronavirus cases was reported in parts of the province.
The third-wave or Covid-19 UK variant is spreading like a wildfire in major cities of Punjab due to which Health Ministry and Education ministers decided to close Education Institutions in seven cities.
Meanwhile, Home Department, Government of Sindh has issued a notification on 1st march, 2021 directing to lift all the restriction imposed on all commercial activities and Amusement Parks across the province.
COVID-19 UK variant is spreading rapidly and government might consider enforcing full lockdown in the month of Ramadan as the business traders fear virus is once again spreading and the government foolishly lifted up restrictions allowing all the commercial activities and indoor weddings including schools, colleges and universities filled with students as normal while the cases were on the rise and death toll constantly increasing in Pakistan due to novel coronavirus.