In light of the discussion and deliberations of the NSC under PM Imran Khan, these decisions were taken to combat coronavirus outbreak in Pakistan, to be implemented with immediate effect and to be reviewed at the end of the identified time period for each.
1. A National Coordination Committee for COVID-19, to be convened by SAPM on Health, has been established to monitor the situation and make necessary decisions on a daily basis. The Committee will have representation of all provinces and relevant civilian and military stakeholders.
2. NDMA will be the lead operational agency and will coordinate its efforts with the provincial and district authorities for necessary implementation of the preventive and curative actions.
3. All educational/technical institutions, public and private, at all levels will remain closed for three weeks across the country.
4. The entire Western border will be closed for two weeks for all human and commercial traffic. Sost border will continue to remain closed for two further weeks.
5. The Kartarpur Corridor will be closed for Pakistanis. Indian pilgrims will be allowed to continue visiting.
6. Outgoing and incoming international flights will only be allowed at the Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad airports. Screening and administrative measures at these airports will be reinforced immediately.
7. Reinforcement of screening and administrative measures at all sea ports will also be ensured.
8. All public gatherings will be banned with immediate effect. Wedding halls and cinemas will be closed for two weeks. Large conferences will also be barred for the same period. Remaining PSL matches may be conducted without any crowd.
9. Minister for Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony and Chairman, Council of Islamic Ideology will reach out to Ulema and all relevant stakeholders to work out the modalities for management of congregational religious services in light of the Corona Virus.
10. Honorable Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and Honorable Chief Justices of the provincial High Courts will be requested to: (i) instruct all courts not to schedule cases of civil nature for three weeks. (ii) Judicial Magistrates and Session Court Judges to visit the concerned jails for three weeks to process remand and bail cases.
11. No visitors will be allowed to visit prisoners in jails for three weeks.