RAWALPINDI: Pakistan Railways is going to start limited train operation of 30 trains from Wednesday, 20 May 2020 to facilitate passengers during Eid-ul-Fitr according to the Federal Minister for Railways Sheikh Rashid while talking to media in Rawalpindi.
The Railways Minister also thanked Prime Minister Imran Khan for allowing to resume operating of passenger trains in the country to facilitate the public on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr This will include 15 up and 15 down trains with complete list of trains and schedule below.
Passengers will need to follow the following SOPs to travel by train:
- Passengers are requested to maintain a reasonable distance from each other.
- Travel with minimal people in an emergency.
- Train booking will be through online ticketing only. Booking offices will be closed.
- Booking will be closed after 60% occupancy.
- Sanitizer walk-through gates will be installed at various stations.
- Passengers will be allowed to enter the station one hour before the departure of the train.
- The family of the passengers will not be able to leave them.
- Area up to 200 meters will be closed for non-essentials.
- Medical officers and staff have been deployed at the train stop stations to ensure social distance.
- The temperature of all passengers will be checked during the journey. Keep masks, sanitizers, gloves and soap with you.
It should be noted that if a passenger violates these SOPs and does not maintain social distance, he will be fined Rs.500 for the first time, Rs.1000 for the second time and for the third time he will be taken off the train at the next stop station.
The press release also mentioned that it is expected that the passengers wil follow the instructions and give their full support to Pakistan Railways to keep Pakistan safe from this epidemic.
Pakistan Railways Train Timings [Time Table]
Partially launched trains include Peshawar-Karachi-Peshawar (Khyber Mail and Awam Express), Quetta-Peshawar-Quetta (Jaffar Express), Karachi-Rawalpindi-Karachi (Tezgam, Green Line, Pakistan Express), Rawalpindi-Multan. Rawalpindi (Mehr Express), Rawalpindi-Lahore-Rawalpindi (Featured, Islamabad Express), Karachi-Lahore-Karachi (Pak Business, Karakoram Express, Shah Hussain), Karachi-Lala Musa-Karachi (Millat Express), Karachi-Sialkot Karachi (Allama Iqbal Express), Jacobabad – Karachi – Jacobabad (Sukkur Express).