LAHORE: Prime Minister Imran Khan on his day long visit to Lahore inaugurated Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project which is one of the biggest mega projects being undertaken by the Government.
According to the Prime Minister Imran Khan, the River Ravi Urban Developement Project is instrumental at saving Lahore from unplanned urban development.
PM Khan also said in a tweet later that the Ravi City Project will also help revive and sace River Ravi from becoming a sewerage nala.
The Prime Minister also said that River Ravi Urban Development Project will bring in Foreign exchange through investment from overseas Pakistanis and create millions of jobs in the process as 40 industries are connected to the housing and construction.
The Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project will have the following salient features:
- Purpose built cities designed on the eco-friendly guidelines.
- Promotion of education, culture, technology, sports and economic activities generating employment opportunities.
- Construction of 3 barrages enabling 46 KM long lake to store 271 billion litres of water.
- Flood management and stabilization of subsurface water level.
- River Ravi Purification purposes.
- Sewage water treatment plants.
- Plantation of 6 million trees maintaining ecological footprint.