LAHORE: The Government of Punjab has imposed a lockdown in the province starting midnight tonight till August 5 in order to curb the spread of the coronavirus during Eid ul Azha according to a notification issued by the Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department.
The decision comes after the significant improvement in coronavirus situation across the province. For the first time in two months, no deaths were reported on 26 July 2020 and cases have remained below 500 for the last one week.
According to the notification regarding Punjab lockdown before Eid, the following shall remain closed:
- All Educational and training institutes, Marriage halls, Business centers, Expo Halls, Restaurants (except takeaway & home delivery), Theme/ amusement parks, public parks, Play Areas and arcades, Beauty Parlors and Spas, Cinemas, Theaters shall remain closed.
- There shall be a complete ban on Sporting tournaments/ matches (indoor and outdoor) except non-contact professional sports without spectators. All contact sports 8. indoor sports clubs/facilities shall remain closed.
- There shall also be a complete ban on gatherings of all kinds for social, religious, or any other purpose at any place, public or private.
- All retail shops, markets, Shopping malls and Plazas shall remain closed.
However, the following businesses are exempted and shall remain open for 24 hours:
- All medical services & Pharmacies / Medical Stores, Tire puncture shops, atta chakkies, postal / courier services, driver hotels, petrol pumps, oil depots, LPG outlets & filling plants, agriculture machinery workshops and spare parts shops, printing press, call centers (with 50% staff and no public dealing), Takeaway / Home Delivery from restaurants.
- Inter-city 8. Inter-district public transport
The following are exempted and shall remain open from 6AM to 12AM:
- Grocery Stores, Bakeries & Karyana Stores, fruit & vegetable shops, chicken, meat and milk shops. tandoors.
The Punjab lockdown will commence from Monday midnight (28 July, 12AM) and will remain in place till midnight on 5 August 2020.
Here is a copy of the Punjab Lockdown notification: