KARACHI: The Sindh Health Department has issued burial guidelines for coronavirus patients that are to be implemented when dealing with the deceased.
Here are the Burial Guidelines for Coronavirus Patients:
- Main Principle: Don’t touch, maintain distance and minimize exposure.
- Designated team: Body preparation and Burial by designed gendered sensitive team.
- PPEs: Teams and family member taking part in body preparation and Burial MUST use PPEs.
- Body Preparation at hospital/place of death:
- Remove all wearings and dispose in infectious waste.
- Process dry ablution
- Wrapping in plastiv bag
- Disinfection of surfaces and packed body with 5% chlorine
- Pack in taboot: Do not open the taboot
- Body Transportation: Transportation in deputed vehicle
- Janaza: Avoid large gathering, ensure social distancing, hand hygiene.
- Burial: Laying body in grave, the team, family may participate in grave closing.
Coronavirus cases in Sindh have surged past 900 with 17 deaths. Strict lockdown is being observed in the province with only essential businesses allowed to open and during certain timings.
According to Sindh Police 166 people were arrested Today for violating Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure and a total of 1,464 people have been arrested since 23 March.