SINDH: Cleanliness Drive – Sindh Government has issued a notice to impose complete ban spitting and littering in public places. Sindh Govt Notice was issued on 25 September 2019.
The notification reads as follows
The Commissioner Karachi has informed that a cleanliness drive and lifting of solid waste/garbage on the directives of Hon’able Chief Minister, Sindh is in full swing and it if has been noticed in various parts of the city during the campaign that garbage is haphazardly and indiscriminately being thrown on the streets which causes public nuisance. Therefore, Commissioner Karachi Division has recommended for imposition of ban u/s 144 Cr.PC on the following acts to discourage the practice for the welfare of the city:
- Open littering on the streets
- Littering outside the main doors of house
- Littering through windows of vehicles on the road
- Open littering on the beaches
- Throwing debris of damaged structure of under construction building on the roads, and
- Spitting of Pan in open without dustbins
Cleanliness Drive – Sindh Govt issue notice to complete impose ban
The Government of Sindh under section 144(6) impose complete ban on the above listed acts throughout the province of Sindh for the period of three months with immediate effect.
SHO’s of concerned Police Stations are authorized to register complaints under Section 188 PPC in writing.