The Sindh Government has issued SOPs for concerned businesses and the general public with what will remain closed during the lockdown and what will be permitted. These SOPs were issued on 14 April 2020.
Whereas the Cornea Virus spread and increase in COVID-19 cases has been seen worldwide causing devastating consequences and illness and deaths resulting from it. That social distancing measures and such precautionary measures are area to decrease the COVID-19 cases and resulting deaths. That Government of Sindh issued orders from time to time earlier to avoid unnecessary and avoidable movement of public in order to contain the spread of disease.
That after careful considerations of the situation and the spread of disease and further deliberations in National Coordination Committee the Government and after considering various options is satisfied that such restrictive measures adopted are necessary to continue for some time to contain the spread of disease and break the chain of spread of virus while opening up certain economic activities with the condition that such operations/ activities strictly follow SOPs with a view to ensure that spread is prevented while such operations are allowed.
Read More: Sindh Govt issues SOPs for E-Commerce Businesses
Now therefore in exercise of powers under section 3(1) of Sindh Epidemic Diseases Act 2014 (The Sindh Act VIII of 2015) and in continuation of order of even number dated 2″ April, 2020 hereby issues following directions, regulations and necessary measures to be observed and adopted by all the concerned businesses, general public etc.
A. Complete Closure / Ban of:
- All educational institutions i.e. schools, colleges, medical colleges, technical and vocational institutes, Universities (both public and private), coaching centres, madaris (already closed till 31. May, 2020).
- All public places where people gather in large numbers and group together on streets/ road sides and any other place without observing social distancing and precautionary measures against virus spread.
- Shopping Malls, Cinema Halls, Marriage Halls, Banquet Halls, Marques, Lawns, clubs, hotels, halls, auditoriums, Farm Houses, Beaches, Electronic Markets, Showrooms, Boutiques, Beauty Parlors, Luxury items Outlets etc.
- All Markets/Shops of non-essential items and any related activity to remain closed/suspended except those specifically permitted by this order.
- Restaurants remain closed for serving guests/customers as well as take home services (only home delivery by the restaurant is, however, permitted).
- Entertainment areas where public gathers including but not limited to Fame Houses etc, Beaches like Sea View, Hawke’s bay, Sandspit, Paradise Point, Tourist spots, play areas, grounds, public parks etc.
- Religious & social congregations, ceremonies, functions, gatherings of all kind. (Necessary obligations like marriage, funeral/burial may take place with close family members only with social distancing measures and after informing local administration).
- Gathering on Shrines / religious places.
- Jail visitors and meeting with prisoners.
- Public transport viz. Intracity, Intercity and Inter-Provincial Public Passenger Transport (whereas the transport of Goods is permissible with restrictions to follow SOPS on social distancing and precautionary measures)
B. Restriction on timings for coming out of homes from 5:00 pm to 8:00 am
All shops including General / Convenience / Grocery Stores and shops as well as Medical stores situated in Malls and Superstores. Petrol Pumps in city areas are to remain closed during this time.
Except those specifically allowed by an order and the following:
- Person requiring emergency medical care.
- Law enforcing agencies personnel.
- Doctors and staff (medical and allied) attending hospitals and allied services attached to hospitals.
- Only those Medical stores that are situated within or adjacent to hospitals or health facilities.
- Technical staff attending electricity, gas, water, Sewerage related emergencies / services, cleaning municipal staff when on duty.
- Persons on good transport carrying essential goods / permitted service’s related items with one helper / cleaner (no passenger allowed on goods transport)
- Charity organizations with their limited persons for the only purpose of distribution of ration among poor and needy conditional to having approval / permission from Law enforcement and District Administration
- Newspaper sorting & distribution as well as Milk/Dairy related work may commence from 05:00 am.
C. Restrictions on movement of persons by transport
- Move/travel singly with over 3 feet distance between persons.
- Single person on a motorbike (except in case of female family member residing in the same household)
- Maximum two persons in car (one more allowed in case a By sick person necessarily requires an attendant).
- No public road transport allowed.
- Staff/Labor for permissible activities / industry / hospitals and allied services or hospital can travel in Company Vehicle with clearly marked banner/displaying showing Company / Office / Factory name. The management/staff/labor travelling by such vehicle must be seated at a distance from one another (about 1/3 or seating capacity of vehicle) and adopt precautions as per SOPS.
- Carry ID Card / Service Card during movements to show to LEAs.
D. Activities permitted during lockdown
- Food and related shops / manufacturers / distributors and all related in chain like wheat & rice, pulses, bandana / bags for rice./ packaging etc, Seeds, fertilizers, pesticide, fish, meat, vegetable / fruit, dairy, poultry, poultry feed etc and related activities. in chain & related shops, stores, godowns, manufacturers and transport etc, Bakeries, Tandoors.
- Agriculture and related activities including sowing, harvesting etc and related use of Thrashers, Tractors their repairs / maintenance, agricultural implements etc, and all activities related to supply chain including irrigation and related.
- Health and related services Flospitals, Laboratories, Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Manufacturing, packaging, transport etc i.e. all within value / supply chain items of personal hygiene like Soaps, Sanitizers & disinfectants etc.
- Electricity, Gas, Oil, LPG, Power Generation (Solar, Wind, Bagasse etc) Production Generation, distribution, storage where applicable and related maintenance activities.
- Essential Municipal Services, Water Supply (including Weer Tankers), Sewerage, Solid Waste)
- Transport of Goods within and out of Province.
- Welfare Organizations duly registered / permitted for distribution of ration / relief goods in coordination with District Administration and LEAs.
- Public & private telecom / cellular companies’ technical staff for maintenance with limited admin staff.
- Call Centers, Customers support centers with no customers including 24 hours helpline for cellular, telecom, mobile / internet banking and bill payment with minimal staff.
- Technical Staff of Cellular companies (for repair / maintenance of towers/cables & related services) with minimal admin staff.
- Banks with minimal essential staff. Required to shift to more online services.
- Newspaper, Text Books, Printing, transport & distribution.
- Port Operations, PNSC, Custom.
- Media persons on duty.
- Railway freight services and their essential staff.
- Petrol, Oil, Lubricants & related services, oil tankers, LPG, transport, storage etc.
- Postal / courier services. Delivery companies conditional order with SOPs separately issued.
- Sindh Government Administration & essential staff as per SGA&CD notification. PSPC & NSPC (Pakistan Security Printing Corporation & National Security Printing Company) printing fresh currency notes, etc.
- FBWIRS, AG office essential staff only.
- Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Defence Services.
- SECP related activities and Pakistan Stock Exchange with stress on online / work from home environment.
Read More: Coronavirus cases in Pakistan surge to 5984 with 107 deaths
Leave a Reply