KARACHI: The Government of Sindh has finally launched chip based ‘Smart Card’ for vehicle registration, The new system will replace passport sized registration book into CNIC alike Smart Card.
Talking to media, Excise and Taxation Minister Mukesh Kumar Chawla said that Sindh Government has started issuing security-featured smart cards, which are equipped with the most modern security features.
Smart Card for vehicle registration Sindh
Now the vehicle owners will now be able to obtain this card instead of the registration book as proof of registration – Excise Minister Mukesh Kumar Chalwa added.
Back in 2018 Sindh Government announced that it will introduce ‘Chip-based’ Smart Cards for vehicle registration replacing old registration books, the project faced a two-year delay now in 2020, the Excise and Taxation Department Sindh is ready to deliver.
The new ‘Chip-based’ Smart Card has been already introduced in Punjab province along with Universal Number Plates.
A similar Smart Card has been introduced in the capital city Islamabad along with biometric verification.
Read More: Motor Vehicle Token Tax Islamabad 2020 [Update].
It is prominent to mention that the Excise and Taxation Department Sindh lacks the biometric verification of buyer and seller.
Excise and Taxation Sindh has already introduced an online token tax payment system, now motorists from other provinces can easily pay the token tax online via using a smartphone app.
NOTE: There is no need of Token Tax Challan Print Copy anymore. Read the post below for complete information.
How to apply for new Smart Card?
- Visit Excise and Taxation Department office, Civic Center 1st floor along with your existing registration book.
- fill up the form adding your mobile contact number, postal address and other necessary information.
- Update your Token Tax (Challan) at least by the end of the current year or mid of next year.
- Pay the Smart Card fee.
- Excise and Taxation Department will inform you once your Smart Card is ready to pickup.
What info will be carried by the smart card?
The smart card will hold the basic information of the vehicle and its owner as follows:
- Vehicle owner’s name
- CNIC/Passport details
- Vehicle’s chassis number
- Engine number
- Registration number
- Date of registration
- Previous registration (if any)
- The expiry date of the token tax
- Number of cylinders
- Type of vehicle’s body
- Vehicle’s color
- Maker’s name
- Class of vehicle
- Tyre size
- Year of Manufacturing
- Seating capacity
- Assessed annual tax
Advantages of Vehicle Registration Smart Card
- You don’t need to carry Registration book all the time.
- Smart Card replaces duplication of books (If any vehicle is cloned on your vehicle’s registration)
- Smart Card easily fits in your wallet
- There is no need to carry extra documents such as Token Tax Challan, Owners running copy in your vehicle.
- In case you lost your Smart Card, It can be obtained easily just by paying fee there will be no duplicate issuing of the smart card.
Click here to get the detailed information about Vehicle Verification Online Sindh
INCPak Vehicle Verification App
For people who want to look for information regarding your vehicle verification, you can check INCPak’s Vehicle Verification App on the link below.