SINDH: The government of Sindh has issued a directive for all private schools across the province. The private schools have to pay a full salary to their teaching staff on time.
Director-General private Institution Dr. Mansoob Hussain Siddiqui in an official circular has stated, private schools found violating any of the directives will be dealt with under ” the Sindh Private Educational Institutions (Regular & Control) Amendment Act-2003 and Rules – 2005. Under this rule, the registration of Institutions may be suspended or canceled.
Directives Issued for private schools
Under the directives issued for the Privately managed Educational Institutes of Sindh, the administrations are required to consider the following points:
- Issue only monthly fee challan for the students.
- Refrain from issuing quarterly or bi-monthly challans.
- All the teaching and non-teaching staff of all the Private Institutions must be paid their salaries in full and on time.
- None of the teaching and non-teaching staff be terminated during the period of closure of the school.
These directives are issued by the Director-General Private Institution due to the prevailing epidemic.
The circular also highlights if private schools are desirous to allow concession to the deserving students may do so and will be highly appreciated.
The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Pakistan has now reached 1670. The death toll now has reached 21.
Punjab has reported 638 cases of COVID-19 which is highest as compared to other provinces. Seven deaths are reported in Punjab province.
Sindh has now 508 cases with 5 deaths.
Coronavirus in other provinces are as under:
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa – 195 cases
- Balochistan – 144 cases
- Islamabad – 51 cases
- Gilgit Baltistan – 128
- AJK – 6