It is to inform you that Ministry of Interior has announced that it the below steps had been adopt to secure the people of Karachi. SOME
- · Hotels / Clubs / Restaurants and all Public places will be shut down today by 10:00 pm.
- · Defense and Clifton will be sealed off restricting Access to Clifton Beach.
- · Beaches will be closed and the authorities will stop people heading there.
- · Mobile Networks will be switched off in Karachi from 10 pm onwards.
- · Vehicles with tracking devices will be switched off should they go out of the set boundaries.
- · Petrol Pumps will be shut down at 3 pm on the 31st Dec and re-open at 12 pm on 1st.
- · Convenience Stores and Super Markets will be shut down at 9 pm on 31st.
- · There will be a ban on riding motorcycles with multiple passengers and not allowed in Clifton and Defence.
Traffic Arrangements On The Eve Of New Year
Karachi, Deputy Inspector General of Police Traffic Karachi has announced that on the night of 31st December 2012 there will be diversions/ blockade towards Khayaban-e- Ittehad Sunset Boulevard and other main arteries of DHA and only the residents could proceed towards their destinations by following diversions/ routes.
- · All vehicular traffic coming from Akhtar Colony via Express Way and Korangi area will not be allowed to move towards Khayaban-e-Ittehad (Sea View) but will be diverted in main Korangi Road, Shara-e-Faisal , Regent Chowk, Club Chowk, Hoshing Chowk, 3 Sword , 2 Sword, Kothari Parade, 26th Street towards to their destination (The residents will be allowed to enter in DHA area after checking their ID Cards).
- · No vehicular traffic would be allowed to move towards Submarine Chowrangi from Mai Kolachi Road and will be closed after 09:00 p.m. from KPT Bridge near American Consulate.
- · Traffic will not be allowed to enter from Bilawal Chowrangi towards Clifton Helipad and Khayaban-e-Firdosi will be completely closed for traffic from Boat Basin Chowrangi.
- · All heavy traffic coming from Maripur Road will not be allowed to move towards Mai Kolachi Road and will be diverted from Jinnah Bridge to reach their destination via Hub River Road and Shara-e-Pakistan.
- · All heavy vehicles coming from Korangi Industrial Area will be diverted towards National High way to proceed Northern Bypass and onwards.
- · No parking will be allowed on main Arteries at Shara-e-Faisal, Abdullah Haroon Road, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Mai Kolachi Road, Korangi Road, M.T. Khan Road.
- · The use of Motorcycles without broken silencer is strictly prohibited and any body found using it will be handed over to Local Police for Legal Action.
- · The drivers coming from North Nazimabad Town, Gulberg Town, Liaquatabad town, Gulshan Town, Gulberg town, New Karachi Town towards DHA should use MA Jinnah road garden Road Zaibun Nisa Street Avari Light Signal, Club Chowk, Hoshing Chowk , 3 Sword, 2 Sword , Clifton Kothari Parade, 26th Street to their destination.
- · The drivers coming from Gadap Town, Bin Qasim Town, Landhi Town, Korangi Town, Shah Faisal Town, Jamshed Town and Saddar Town towards DHA should use main Shahra-e-Faisal Club Chowk, Hoshing Chowk, 3 Sword, 2 Sword , Clifton Kothari Parade, 26th Street to their destination.
- · The residents of DHA residing in Phase V- VI can access to Phase VII by reaching the following intersections vice versa which will be kept open:
- · The 26th Street Ittehad, Saba Avenue Ittehad, Shaheen Light Signal- Ittehad, Shujaat Light Signal- Ittehad, Behria intersection Ittehad.
Leave a Reply