LAHORE: The Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department of the Government of Punjab has released the standard operating procedures (SOPs) for beauty salons and parlors to prevent the spread of the coronavirus outbreak.
As lockdown is being eased throughout the country and more businesses are being reopened, the government is issuing standard operating procedures specifically for different businesses to operate while keeping the coronavirus situation in check.
Read more: Punjab to reopen shopping malls, auto traders and public transport.
Beauty salons and parlors are required to follow the following standard operating procedures (SOPs) issued:
- There must be arrangements for washing hands with soap.
- Staff is also required to wash hands before attending to each patient.
Face mask is mandatory for both staff and customers.
- Appointments should be made in advance as to avoid over crowding.
- handshakes or hugging is now allowed.
- Customers will not be allowed in the waiting area.
- Salon will only accept half of its usual capacity and maintain a 2 meter square inter customer distance.
Cleanliness of Shop and Disinfection of tools:
- Salon must be well lit and ventilated having open windows and doors or fitted with exhaust fan. If the salon is air conditioned, then ventilation should be ensured after one hour by opening doors and windows or exhaust fan should be operative all the time.
- Avoid use of towel.
- Furniture, doors, chairs and other high touch surfaces should be
disinfected with 0.05% chlorine solution prepared on daily basis.
- All used tools and customer chair must be disinfected with chlorine solution before attending every customer.
- Metallic tools like scissor, nail cutter, tweezer etc., should be disinfected with alcohol based disinfectant. Chlorine should be avoided due to its corrosive action which may damage the tools.
- Use disposable foam, sponge and other porous tools and discard them after single use.
The notification also mentions that awareness material regarding the COVID-19 outbreak should be displayed at the shop.
Read more: Lahore Anarkali Bazaar sealed after violation of SOPs.
Leave a Reply