The first edition of the Kashmir Premier League (KPL) 2021 is all set to start this week and the schedule has been announced despite the efforts of India to cause disruption. The event will start on 6 August 2021 and the final match will take place on 17 August 2021.
The Kashmir Premier League 2021 is being organized by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and the T20 series is all set to take place at the Muzaffarabad Cricket Stadium in Azad Kashmir.
There will be six teams playing for the KPL Cup, which includes one team from the Indian-occupied Kashmir. These teams include the Rawalakot Hawks, Kotli Lions, Mirpur Royals, Muzaffarabad Tigers, Overseas Warriors, and Bagh Stallions.
The teams will play in a double round-robin format with each team facing the other twice and the top four teams will make it to the Kashmir Premier League (KPL) Cup Final.
Prominent all-rounder Shahid Afridi’s Rawalakot and Shoaib Malik’s Mirpur Hawks will play in the opening match while Prominent South African Herschel Gibbs will represent the Overseas Warriors.
Kashmir Premier League (KPL) 2021 Schedule
- August 6, Friday
- Opening ceremony [6:00pm to 7:00pm]
- Mirpur Royals vs Rawalakot Hawks [8:30pm]
- August 7, Saturday
- Bagh Stallions vs Kotli Lions [2:00pm]
- Overseas Warriors vs Muzaffarabad Tigers [7:30pm]
- August 8, Sunday
- Mirpur Royals vs Bagh Stallions [2:00pm]
- Rawalakot Hawks vs Kotli Lions [7:30pm]
- August 9, Monday
- Overseas Warriors vs Mirpur Royals [2:00pm]
- Rawalakot Hawks vs Muzaffarabad Tigers [7:30pm]
- August 10, Tuesday
- Muzaffarabad Tigers vs Kotli Lions [2:00pm]
- Bagh Stallions vs Overseas Warriors [7:30pm]
- August 11, Wednesday
- Rawalakot Hawks vs Bagh Stallions [2:00pm]
- Kotli Lions vs Mirpur Royals
- August 12, Thursday
- Bagh Stallions vs Muzaffarabad Stallions [10:00am]
- Rawalakot Hawks vs Overseas Warriors [3:30pm]
- August 13, Friday
- Overseas Warriors vs Kotli Lions [2:00pm]
- Muzaffarabad Tigers vs Mirpur Royals [7:30pm]
- August 14, Saturday [Qualifier 1]
- Team 1 vs Team 2 [4:00pm]
- August 15, Sunday [Eliminator 1]
- Team 3 vs Team 4 [4:00pm]
- August 16, Monday [Eliminator 2]
- Qualifier runners-up vs Winners of Eliminator 1 [4:00pm]
- August 17, Tuesday [Final]
- Winner of Qualifier 1 vs Winner of Eliminator 2
Read more: T20 World Cup 2021 – Pakistan to Face India in Super 12s.
Follow INCPAK on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram for updates.
Leave a Reply