How to solve Invalid IMEI Problem on MTK Devices – In this Tutorial, you will learn how to solved Invalid IMEI Problem in MTK Devices. Most people face this problem and are scared to death when their SIMs aren’t working. There is nothing to worry about. This problem usually comes when you try to flash a custom ROM and the ROM flashed the NVRAM region inside the device which, then, causes Invalid IMEI when the ROM Powers UP. The requirements and the procedure to resolve the Invalid IMEI problem are given below. Make sure to follow them to the letter to solve Invalid IMEI problem.
- An (ROOTED) MTK Device with Invalid IMEI problem.
- A Computer with ADB Drivers installed on it.
- A Data Cable.
- MTKDroid Tools.
- Write down both IMEI’s from the back of mobile, carefully.
MTKDroid Tools v2.5.3
- First of all, make sure you have a rooted MTK Device. To make sure, goto Play Store and download an app called “Root Checker“. Through that app, check if your device is rooted or not.
- Download the tool from above and extract it on Desktop or someplace easily to be found.
- Now open MTKDroidTools.exe as an Administrator.
- On your device, goto Settings>Developer Options> Turn ON USB Debugging Mode and then select Yes for any confirmation.
- Now Connect your device to PC via USB Data Cable.
- Inside the MTKDroid Tools, you will see the Application in this form. (Remember: If you’re on KitKat, you will have to allow USB Debugging permissions when you connect your device. Otherwise, it won’t appear in MTKDroid Tools.)
- Make sure your device is recognized in MTKDroid Tools and after that press the ROOT button on the bottom right side of the Tool.
- After clicking the ROOT button, click Yes and then in your DEVICE, Grant root permissions.
- After granting the root permissions in the device, the Yellow-Rectangle in the bottom left corner of Tools should turn Green.
- Now click on IMEI/NVRAM tab.
- In the first box, insert your 1st IMEI and in the second box, insert your 2nd IMEI, very carefully.
- Now click on the Replace IMEI button on the right side of the boxes and then click YES to continue.
- When IMEI’s are written successfully, Reboot your device.
- Hopefully, your Invalid IMEI problem should now be solved.
- Ali Jee – For this method and the Post.
- Farhan Imaan – For this platform.
- Rua1 – For creating this tool.
CHECK IMEI NUMBER by PTA – Clear or STOLEN ?
For more Questioning, please join our Facebook group:
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.