MALAYSIA: While charging her iPhones on the bed her iPhone exploded. A Malaysian woman is left with serious burns to her hand after her iPhone exploded while on the charge in her bed.
iPhone overheated and exploded while charging on her bed this week.
Read More: Latest iPhone XS with ios 12 jailbreak successful
Nur Filzah Abdul Rahman, 24, told local news site Harian Metro.
She said her smartphone was left on the top of her bed mattress when the incident took place in the city of Shah Alam, in Western Malaysia
Nur Filzah Abdul Rahman has suffered serious hand burns after her iPhone 5s exploded.
She said, she normally kept her iPhone 5s on the bedroom floor for charging. This time she had dozed off while her phone was still on the charge on her bed. She woke up early morning hours due to severe pain in her left arm.
She woke up from sleep as she felt the heat on her body, at first she thought she was just dreaming. But when she moved her hand and it touched the phone, her arm was sore.
She jumped out of her bed when she suddenly realized her phone was burning hot as she grabbed her phone.
She threw her phone and went to turn on the lights and noticed her room was full of smoke and it seemed like the smoke was coming from the mattress.
She said she called her housemates to help her extinguish the fire by throwing a bucket of water over the blaze. She has also shared the photos of her burns and phone to her social media account.
She was hospitalized and treated for burns to her hand.
Leave a Reply