After Lewa, TouchWiz and Jelly Bean 4.1.1 let us present you with MIUI based on android 4.1.1.
MIUI (pronounced “Me You I”, a play on the common abbreviation of the words user interface as UI), developed by Xiaomi Tech, is an aftermarket firmware for cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. MIUI itself is closed source. It features a heavily-modified user interface that does away with the Android app drawer and has drawn comparisons with Apple’s iOS and Samsung’s TouchWiz UI. The Custom ROM includes additional functionality not found in stock Android, including toggles on the notification pull-down, new music, gallery, and camera apps, and an altered phone dialer that displays matching contacts as a user enters a number.
check out its features here:
- Camera Recording cant be set to qHD…If set,will FC Camera App..
- Only Sim1 signals are displayed in status bar but sim2 also works.
- No Call cancellation Button
- 768 mb Ram :P
This is a Flash-able Zip file that can be flashed only from ClockWorkMod Recovery ( CWMR ) . Make sure that your phone is ROOTED before Installing ClockWorkMod Recovery. If your phone is not ROOTED than first Root Procedure and require files are there on the post click the post below:
And for Installing CWMR
1)Download MobileUncle MTKTools from play store.
2) Download CMWR file from either of these links.
Link I( Recovery.img )
Link II ( RECOVERY.IMG )
3) Copy CMWR(Recovery.img) to your SD card.
4) Open MobileUncle MTKTools software, select recovery update option and then select recovery.img file that you copied in to SD.
For flashing Rom follow these steps very carefully:
- Download the ROM.
- Copy the downloaded file on your SD-CARD.
- Power off your phone.
- Turn your phone on in recovery mode (by pressing VOLUME UP + POWER buttons).
- Make a backup. RECOMMENDED
- Select “backup and restore”. And then select “backup”. When it is done select “Go Back”.
- Select Wipe/Data Factory Cache.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition.
- Go to advanced and select wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back to the main menu.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard” –> “Choose zip from sdcard” –> Now select “MIUI V5” –> Select ”Yes”
1) Flash this xperia keyboard.
I had to remove the chinese one.
2) Make touch more responsive:
Settings-> developer options-> and Window animation scale and Transition Animation scale -> change both of those to 0.5x (or 0 for both, for instant reactions).