Sony launched the much debated and leaked Xperia ZR after launching their flagship phone Sony Xperia Z earlier this year. Just like the Sony Xperia Z, the Xperia ZR too is waterproof as well as dust-resistant. The Xperia ZR can be called the Xperia Z Mini considering it packs most of the features of Xperia Z in a compact form.
Sony Xperia ZR comes with a new display technology named ‘OptiContrast’ panel. The new display removed the gap between the screen and the touch sensor by integrating the sensor on the main panel itself. The result is a slimmer display with better touch-feedback. Like most Xperia series phones, the Sony Xperia ZR will come with the mobile BRAVIA display.
Full Specifications :
- 4.6-inch HD Reality LCD screen
- resolution is 1280 x 720 pixel ,720 HD display
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 quad-core processor
- internal memory of 8 GB which is expandable to 32 GB using a MicroSD card slot (up to 32 GB)
- phone comes with a 2 GB RAM
- water-proof and dust-proof
- 13 MP rear end camera with Exmor RS, with 16x digital zoom with auto-focus.
- The front-camera is a basic VGA resolution camera. Like the Xperia Z
- Android Jelly Bean ver.4.1
- NFC, USB port, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE
- The battery power is still unknown
For easy underwater snaps and video, the Xperia ZR features a dedicated camera key, which can also be activated from a locked screen. For fast-moving scenes, burst mode shoots an unlimited number of images at 15 frames per second. However, it is not the high-end camera that has grabbed our attention. While Sony Xperia Z was sure water-proof and you could practically wash your phone like a utensil, the Sony Xperia ZR takes it a step further. You can click pictures and record underwater! Or atleast that is the claim Sony makes. According to the Press Release: You can keep it submerged in 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes. Combined with its dedicated camera key, the waterproof capabilities let you shoot videos in Full HD or snap pictures underwater, capturing the sharpest visuals. Sure sounds exciting!
Battery Stamina mode helps preserve battery by up to four times by shutting down battery-draining apps when the screen is off and starting them up when the screen turns back on.
The Sony Xperia ZR will come in black, white, pink, and mint. It will launch in “global markets” during the second quarter, Sony said. Pricing details were not announced.
Leave a Reply