CHINA: Police have detained a Chinese kindergarten teacher on suspicion of poisoning her 23 students.
All the 23 children were students at the Mengmeng kindergarten in Jiaozuo city. They all fell ill after eating their porridge supplied by school on Wednesday morning.
The statement was posted on social median on Monday.
The teacher from China’s Henan province has been detained for putting nitrite into their food.
READ MORE: Petrol Prices in Pakistan [April 2019 update]
Condition Of Kindergarten Students
- One is still seriously ill
- Seven are still being treated in the hospital, they are under observation.
- Fifteen have been discharged
The teacher is referred by only surname Wang.
Police investigation sparked the sudden mass illness of students. The preliminary investigation suggested the porridge contained high level of sodium nitrite.
The motive is still unclear but the Chinese media suggested the teacher wanted a revenge on a colleague.
Beijing News said the children started vomiting and fainting after consuming their porridge at the kindergarten on Monday, the police reported the case on Wednesday.
One parent named Li said he rushed to the hospital as soon as he was alerted by the school. He was told his child had vomited and fainted. When he arrived he found his child unconscious.
READ MORE: Indian Air Force MiG-27 crashes in Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Li also said there were many other children throwing up , their pants were all covered in vomit and they looked pale.
According to local media, the school has been temporarily closed and the children distributed to other kindergartens.
The reports did not suggest the ages of the students. Usually the age of kindergarten students in china is three to six.
Sodium nitrite is used for curing meats but can be toxic when ingested in high amounts, caused the poisoning. Intake of high amount can be fatal.