To apply for a driving license in the UAE, you need to follow specific procedures and meet certain requirements. In this post, we will provide you with a complete guide on obtaining a Dubai Driving License by identifying the processes and procedures.
- For a light vehicle driving license, you must be at least 19 years of old.
- For a heavy vehicle driving license, you must be at least 21 years old.
- You must be a resident of the UAE with a valid residence visa.
Process and Procedure
If you fall within the legal driving age, you can apply for a UAE Driving License by following the step-by-step guide below.
- Enroll in an authorized or RTA-approved driving school in Dubai and submit all the required documents.
- Get your eye test done, which can be carried out by the driving school or your optician.
- Complete all your theory classes and pass the knowledge test, which can be done online or at the driving school.
- After passing the knowledge test, you will receive your temporary license or driving permit, allowing you to move towards your practical classes.
- Complete your practical classes with a licensed driving instructor to prepare for the road test.
- Once you pass the road test, you can collect your Dubai Driving License from the traffic department.
Emiratis only need a valid Emirates ID in order to apply for a driving license in UAE, while requirements are fairly different for expats / foreigners living in the emirate.
If you are a foreigner or expat living in UAE, you must have the following documents at hand in order to apply for the Dubai Driving License:
- Your Emirates ID (copy and original)
- Your passport copy
- Two passport-size photos
- Your eye test results
- A no-objection letter from your sponsor (if asked by the relevant department)
More details regarding the whole process can be found on the UAE Government’s official website at https://u.ae/.
Read more: Saudi Arabia Short Term Work Visa – How to Apply.