INDIA: Indian Air Force (IAF) Jet MIG-21 Bison crashes near Nal in Rajasthan on Friday afternoon. Initial reports suggest it was due to a bird hit.
The pilot however was able to eject safely.
The IAF jet was on a routine mission and crashed after it was airborne from the airbase near Bikaner.
READ MORE: PTCL Celebrates International Women’s Day
IAF spokesperson has said that initial report input
Court of Inquiry will be set up to determine the actual cause of the accident.
SP Bikaner, Pradeep Mohan Sharma has confirmed The MIG aircraft crashed in Shobhasar ki Dhani, 12 km from Bikaner city.
No casualties have been reported.
READ MORE: Pak Navy foils attempt to enter in Pakistani waters
IAF Jet Crashes In 2019
- February 1, 2019, a Mirage 2000 jet crashed at HAL airport, Bengaluru
- February 19, 2019, 2 jets crashed in Air Show in Bangalore
- February 27, 2019, 1 crash in Kashmir
- February 27, 2019, 2 IAF jets Down by PAF 1xMiG 21 and 1xSukhui SU 30
- February 27, 2019, 1x IAF Helicopter crashed 6 people dead
- March 8, 2019, 1 MiG 21 crash in Rajistan
IAF Jet Crashes In 2018
- March 20, 2018, An advanced Hawk Jet (AJT) trainer, crashed on the Subarnarekha River.
- May 23, 2018. IAF Cheetah helicopter crash landed at Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir.
- June 5, 2018, IAF Jaguar crashed in the Mundra taluk of the Kutch region in northwestern Gujarat killing Air Commodore Sanjay Chauhan
- June 8, 2018, Indian Air Force’s ‘Jaguar’ developed a snag while landing and had a minor accident.
- June 27, 2018, Sukhoi 30 MKI fighter jet has crashed near Nashik in Maharashtra.
- September 4, 2018, MiG 27 crashed near Jodhpur’s Banad area.
The Indians are upset and worried which shows in their tweets. Any one can understand their concern and sentiments.
As per records till this morning we had 113 MIG-21’s in our fleet. We lost one MIG-21 this afternoon in #Bikaner. The way govt. is dealing with the situation I can say we have 112 more MIG-21’s to crash. How can a government be so insensitive and let their pilots fly ancient jets.
An IAF MIG-21 Aircraft crashes in Bikaner. The pilot ejected before the crash. It’s time to replace the outdated jets with new ones as these are a danger to many lives.#[email protected]
Leave a Reply