SHARJAH: Sharjah Boy – Ten-year-old Pakistani boy has died due to pesticide poisoning in Sharjah.
Sharjah Police have revealed that the ten-year-old Khuzaima, has died due to suspected toxic gas poisoning.
The Sharjah police also added that Khuzaima inhaled the toxic gas after their neighbors used unregulated pesticides.
The police also revealed on Sunday that the boys twin sister and both the parents were also hospitalized with the symptoms of chemical poisoning.
Sharjah Boy Dies of Pesticide Poisoning
READ MORE: PM Khan phones Modi to congratulate him on his electoral victory
The family inhaled the toxic gas which leaked out of their neighbors apartment located in Al Nahda area of Sharjah.
Gulf News has reported that Khuzaima’s father forty-two-year-old Shafi Ullah Khan Niazi said the incident occurred on 23rd May.
Shafi Ullah was the first to suffer from the toxic gas poisoning. He suffered from dizziness, vomiting and fatigue.
Later on Khuzaima also complained of the same symptoms.
Both father and son went to Al Zahra Hospital.
The hospital staff conducted few tests and treated the both. They were discharged from the hospital after giving medicines.
Later around 1:30am, Shafi Ullah’s wife, 41-year-old Arifa Shafi Khan and daughter Komal also suffered from vomiting and dizziness.
Both were taken to same hospital leaving Khuzaima at home.
The family came home from hospital around 5am.
Shafi Ullah said around 7:30 their son woke up and called out to his parents and fell to the ground motionless.
The father tried to revive the son but it all went in vain.
He contacted the Al Zahra Hospital for ambulance. They asked him to call 999.
READ MORE: Science and Technology ministry launched moonsighting.pk website
By the time ambulance arrived Khuzaima had already died.
The body was moved to Al Qasimi Hospital.
Shafi Ullah Niazi, his wife Arifa and daughter Komal were then admitted Al Qasimi Hospital and kept in ICU.
Both the parents have been discharged from the hospital.
Komal is still in ICU under observation.
The doctors have reported that the girls heart have been affected. She will be in the hospital for five more days. Komal will have to take total rest for next twenty days.
Komal is recovering.
Khuzaima however passed away despite Doctor’s best efforts.
Khuzaima’s body has been shifted to Sharjah forensic laboratory for autopsy.
Sharjah Police reviewed both the apartments and found
- Pesticide odor was present in the neighbor’s apartment.
- The neighbors had traveled out of the country after using the chemicals in their apartment.
- Toxic materials and toxic tablets were found scattered in the apartment.
- The toxic gas leaked and was released to Pakistani family through AC vent.
Sharjah Police is now looking for the supplier of the deadly pesticide.
The twins were students of grade five. They went to the School of Knowledge in Sharjah.
Follow INCPAK on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram for updates.
Leave a Reply