Salient features of the budget 2013-14 Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
The only province which accepted the change in Pakistan is Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Fiscal Budget 2013-14 has been presented by PTI, The salient features of Khyber Pakthunkhwa budget for year 2013-14 as under: The total outlay of KP text free budget is Rs 344 billion showing 13.5 percent increase over the revenue receipts of the outgoing fiscal.
• KP presents supplementary budget of Rs.17.68b for 2012-13
• The total outlay of Annual Development Programme (ADP) is Rs. 118 billion
• No new tax has been imposed in the budget nor any upward or downward adjustment has been made in the provincial taxes.
• To bring improvement in the taxation system, reforms process would be started
with the establishment of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Revenue Authority
• The total revenue receipts and expenditures for 2013-14 have been pitched at
Rs 344 billion.
• 15 percent in salaries, 15 percent in pension of Govt. employees, propose to
increase minimum pension from 3000 to 5000 rupees
• Rs. 83 billion allocated for Provincial Development Program for 983
development projects in fiscal year 2013-14, showing an increase of 12 percent
against current fiscal year approved estimates
• KP Govt decides to impose energy emergency, allocates Rs.1527 m for 28 energy
projects, 20 hydel power stations to be setup
• Peshawar up left Project, Mass Transit scheme to be launched, Rs.
4,69,21,00,000 earmarked for 20 uplift projects for Peshawar
• Govt to construct 521km roads, 144 RCC bridges, Rs.10258m allocated
• Govt to start Self Sufficiency scheme for needy, poor, 50000 to 2 lakh would
be given to poor for period of three years
• Rs. 25 million for establishment of Insulin bank for diabetic patients
• Govt to launch health insurance scheme for poor, 50 million allocated
• Rs.7998.77 million allocated for 98 health projects
• KP govt announce 50 percent cut in CM, Governor house expenditures
• KP govt to set up 7 youth centers at a cost of 70 million rupees
• Special package for minorities.
• Allocation of 3,138,300,000 for Agriculture sector
• Establishment of traffic engineering unit for Master Planning and Traffic
• Setting up Water and Sanitation Company.
• Setting up of IT Park in Abbottabad, launching of e-governance project.
• Launching of mobile courts in KP.
• Establishment of technical upgradation and skill development Company for
students and technical workers, setting up technical university Peshawar.
• Establishment of Marble City in Buner.
• Computerization of land record.
• Allocation of Rs. 1 billion for local government.
• Allocation of Rs. 50 million for journalist’s endowment fund.
• Emergency enforce in education, launching of Iqra Firog-e-Taleem scheme. Rs.
13,829,600,000 for 97 education project allocated.
• Establishment of Insulin Bank for diabetic’s patients.