The F7 and the F5 represent a new line of Android phones for LG, sitting in between the lower-end (and 3G only) L series and the flagship G line of smartphones. The F series was intended to address the growing demand for 4G LTE phones, particularly in markets where LTE is just starting to get lit up.The phones have a basic, but attractive look. Neither the F7 or the F5 are going to win any awards for innovative design, but the phones are nice-looking enough that you wouldn’t be embarrassed holding them.LG is focusing on long battery life, bright screens, and multitasking—all features we can really get behind.
- F7, which rocks a 4.7-inch IPS display
- The F7, in particular, packs 312 pixels per inch into its display
- The F7 runs on a midlevel 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- The F7 features an 8-megapixel rear camera, and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. It also packs 2GB of RAM and a 2,540mAh battery.
- The F5 has a smaller 4.3-inch display
- The F5 smaller F5 has 256 pixels per inch.
- The F5 runs on the 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor
- The F5 has a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera. Alongside the slower processor, it also comes with 1GB of RAM.
Both phones run on Android 4.1.1, also known as Jelly Bean. They also both have 8GB of onboard storage, expandable by 32GB with a microSD card.