Despicable Me 2 is a 2013 3D computer-animated adventure comedy film and the sequel to the 2010 animated film Despicable Me. The film is produced by Illumination Entertainment and distributed by Universal Pictures.
Directors: Pierre Coffin, Chris Renaud
Writers: Ken Daurio (screenplay), Cinco Paul (screenplay)
Genres: Animation, Comedy, Crime, Family
Release Date: 03 July 2013
PG Rating: Rated PG for rude humor and mild action
Runtime: 98 min
To Watch And Download Despicable Me 2 Movie Online Visit Pogo Dekh Here:
Gru is no longer a villain after saving his three adopted daughters Margo, Edith, and Agnes from Vector in the first film Despicable Me. His calm and unexciting new life takes an unexpected turn when he is recruited by Lucy Wilde and Silas Ramsbottom and is taken to the headquarters of the Anti-Villain League, a society dedicated to fighting crime on a global scale. There, he discovers that there is a new villain on the loose. Because Gru was once a villain himself and knows how they think, Silas (the League’s head), wants Gru to help them fight the villain. With the help of Gru’s assistant, Dr. Nefario, his minions, Margo, Edith, and Agnes, Gru must save the world (“again”).
Steve Carell as Gru (voice)
Ken Jeong as Floyd (voice)
Miranda Cosgrove as Margo (voice)
Kristen Wiig as Lucy Wilde (voice)
Moises Arias as Antonio (voice)
Russell Brand as Dr. Nefario (voice)
- Despicable Me exceeded expectations in a big way back in 2010 and was very well received by family audiences in the process. Home video sales were also incredibly strong.
- Universal has kept the Minions within the spotlight over the past three years. Their lasting appeal could be a key component on taking the franchise to new heights.
- As with Monsters University a few weeks earlier, the limited number of family films during the first part of 2013 should help increase demand.
- Unlike many previous animated films released around July 4th, it won’t have to face competition from one of the year’s larger event films (i.e. no Transformers or superhero films).
- The 15 minutes of footage screened at CinemaCon went over extremely well.
- The previous film having already been in 3D means that any increase in gross will need to come from more admissions.
- Although not really a box office draw these days, could Al Pacino no longer being involved with the film limit further break-out potential with non-family audiences?
- Recent animated sequels such as Kung Fu Panda 2 and Cars 2 have failed to reach to high expectations.