Marylebone Cricket Club vs Rest of the World XI, Only ODI , Marylebone Cricket Club v Rest of the World XI, Only ODI 2014, Watch Live here on INCPak.
Date: Sat, Jul 05, 2014
Start Time: 9:45 AM GMT 2:45 PST
Venue: Lord’s, London
WATCH LIVE STREAMING HERE:
Lord’s Cricket Ground, commonly known as the Home of Cricket, will be the stage for 22 cricket stars to showcase their skills in a 50-over game. The Marleybone Cricket Club (MCC) will take on a Rest of the World side led by Sachin Tendulkar and Shane Warne respectively.
:The match is a part of the bicentenary celebrations of Lord’s. The first match ever played on the historic ground was in June, 1814 between MCC and HertfordShire.Teams
:Both teams include a mixture of stars from all over the world and even generations. The oldest player in the game is Lara (45) and the youngest is Tamim Iqbal (25).
The country-wise split up of players is: Australia – 6, India – 4, England – 3, Pakistan – 3, West Indies – 3, Bangladesh – 1, New Zealand – 1, Sri Lanka – 1.
What to look forward to?
Old rivalries like Sachin v Warne and Lara v Murali will be renewed. Brett Lee facing off against Adam Gilchrist will be one to savour. Will Afridi be able to pick the variations of his Pakistan team-mate,Saeed Ajmal? These are just a few battles and there will be plenty such for cricket buffs.
Stats and trivia:
1) The combined runs and wickets tally (ODIs) of the players involved in the match – Runs – 102517, Wickets – 2838
2) Lord’s will allow spectators to sit on the grass just beyond the boundary for the first time since 1987
3) The last time MCC took on Rest of the World (ROW) at Lord’s, Sachin Tendulkar captained ROW, scored 125, and won them the game.
4) While Sachin scored the hundred with RoW, he has never scored an international ton at Lord’s. Neither have Gilchrist, Lara or Sehwag
5) Shane Warne never picked up a five-wicket haul at Lord’s
Rest of the World XI (From): Adam Gilchrist(w), Virender Sehwag, Tamim Iqbal, Kevin Pietersen,Yuvraj Singh, Paul Collingwood, Shahid Afridi, Peter Siddle, Shane Warne(c), Muttiah Muralitharan,Tino Best
Marylebone Cricket Club (From): Sachin Tendulkar(c), Aaron Finch, Rahul Dravid, Brian Lara,Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Chris Read(w), Daniel Vettori, Umar Gul, Brett Lee, Saeed Ajmal, Shaun Tait