State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), the Central Bank, is looking for young, talented, and energetic candidates for the positions of Assistant Director (OG-2) under State Bank Officers Training Scheme (SBOTS) – 26th Batch.
The State Bank of Pakistan, being a national institution, consistently promotes candidates from all the provinces and regions of Pakistan to play their vital role for overall progress of nation.
The Central Bank is recruiting an exclusive batch, seeking self-motivated and result oriented youth domiciled in Sindh (Rural), Baluchistan, Ex-FATA, Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu & Kashmir (AJK) to enhance and fortify our human resource foundation.
This unique initiative aims to encourage diversity of talent base within the organization and foster inclusivity.
This opportunity offers rewarding and challenging career, especially in the following areas:
- Monetary Policy
- Macroeconomic Research and Data
- Financial Markets and Foreign Exchange Reserve Management
- Banking Policy and Supervision
- Islamic Finance
- Financial Inclusion
- Digital Financial Services
- Information Technology, Finance & Risk Management, Internal Audit, External Communications, Strategic Planning and Human Resources
It bears mentioning that these positions are based in Karachi.
The following eligibility criteria applies:
Master’s, Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with 16 years of education with at least 60 percent marks where percentages apply or 2.5 out of 4.0 or 3.5 out of 5.0 where GPA system is applicable from HEC recognized Pakistani institutions in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Commerce, Finance, Statistics, Data Sciences, Actuarial Sciences, Accounting, Computer Sciences, Information Systems and Technology, Mathematics, Human Resource Management, Agriculture Management (other than BSC or MSC in agriculture), Islamic Banking & Finance, Law, Media & Culture Studies, Philosophy and Physics. In case of foreign degree, equivalence certificate from HEC would be required.
Batches graduating until 30 June 2024 may apply with provisional transcript until 7th semester (for bachelors) or 3rd semester (for masters), subject to proof of 16 years of education with required percentage/CGPA stated above in the first attempt at the final examination.
Sindh (Rural), Baluchistan, Ex-FATA, Gilgit Baltistan & Azad Jammu & Kashmir (AJK).
Maximum 26 years as on the date of newspaper advertisement i.e. February 11, 2024.
Age limit shall be relaxed by three years for female candidates, transgender persons, candidates belonging to minorities, and candidates from Baluchistan, Azad Jammu Kashmir, Gilgit Baltistan, areas which were previously part of FATA.
Application and Testing Procedure
- Interested Pakistani citizens (including Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan) meeting above eligibility criteria are required to visit SBP website and follow the procedure for submission of online application. The Careers Page may also be accessed by scanning the QR Code given at the right.
- Age will be considered as per CNIC.
- Applications devoid of the required information and details like photograph, date of birth, or any other important information, will not be shortlisted.
- Applications not in accordance with defined requirements/criteria in the advertisement will not be entertained.
- Last date of submission of applications is February 26, 2024. Applications submitted in person or through e-mail will not be entertained.
- Testing Agency will intimate shortlisted candidates through SMS, and send admit cards at their postal addresses as well as upload them on its website, to appear in the written test to be held at designated test centers.
- Testing Agency will upload the details of qualified candidates on its website. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
- For any queries or complaints, please contact SBP at [email protected].
The candidates shortlisted on the basis of written test and meeting other eligibility criteria will be invited for further selection process including group discussion/psychometric testing and panel interview. Candidates will be required to bring original educational/professional documents, Equivalence Certificate from HEC (in case of foreign qualification), Domicile and CNIC.
Candidate who misinforms or fails to provide the required information or documents, does not meet the specified criteria as per advertisement, attempts to influence the recruitment process in any manner, tries to obtain support for his/her candidature by inappropriate means or tampers with evidence of age, educational and other certificates, shall be disqualified from the current and any future recruitment process at the Bank; even if the candidate is otherwise qualified.
After completion of all formalities including medical, psychological examinations and proof of completed educational documents, the selected candidates shall be required to undergo Applied Focused Theoretical Training (residential) at National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF), Islamabad as Trainees. The trainees who successfully complete and qualify the training will be offered appointment as Assistant Director (OG-2) at SBP, located in Karachi.
- Until induction in the Bank, the trainees shall be paid a monthly stipend of Rs 41,000.
- Upon successful completion of the training, the trainees will be offered appointment a Assistant Director (OG-2) at a consolidated monthly monetized salary of Rs 82,000 along with other benefits in the salary scale of OG-2 as per Bank rules.
The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females, candidates from minorities, transgender persons and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.