Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has announced HEC Undergraduate Scholarship Programme for students of GB (Gilgit-Baltistan) to study in the top Pakistani Universities/Institutions.
The outstanding students from Gilgit-Baltistan can pursue undergraduate studies (four/five year BS programmes) from HEC recognised public sector universities/degree awarding institutions (DAIs). The scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2021-2022 in all areas of study/disciplines under the project titled, “Undergraduate Scholarship Programme for students of Gilgit-Baltistan in TOP Pakistani Universities/Institutions (Batch-I)”
The last date of Application announced is October 25, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Undergraduate Scholarship Programme for students of GB
- The applicants must have domicile/local certificate of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- The applicants must have completed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and / or Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) and / or equivalent. However, priority will be given to those students who have passed/complete their SSC/HSSC or Equal from Gilgit-Baltistan.
- The applicants who are already availing any other scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- The applicants can apply to any public sector university/institution of Pakistan. However, any expenditure over and above the cost given in PC-1 willbe n=borne by the student himself/herself.
- Maximum age limit is 22-years on the closing date of application submission.
- The candidates will have to meet HEC and university criteria for admission in BS programmes.
Scholarship will cover
- Tuition fee, hostel fee and other charges maximum Rs.240,000/- per year.
- Stipend of Rs.15,000/- per month
- Books and travelling allowance of Rs.30,000/- per annum.
How to Apply for HEC Undergraduate Scholarship Programme for students of GB
- Students are required to submit applications online through HEC e-portal
- HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Application in hard form will not be entertained.
- Applicants are required to deposit Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) as applicantion fee in Account No. 17427900133401. Habib Bank Limited. SRC H-9 Branch, Islamabad and should upload the scanned copy/image of bank receipt online while applying.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their score on Aptitude Test (to be conducted by Education Testing Council, HEC and their academic credentials.
- Candidates must secure at least 50% marks in the test.
- Students already enrolled in any BS programmes in public sector universities/institutions prior to the advertisement (maximum one academic year/session) may also apply.
- The award of scholarships will be made irrespective of gender, caste, race and religion.
- For further details and guidelines, please visit HEC
Human Resouce Development (HRD), Division
Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9, Islamabad
Read More on Scholarships