Prime Minister Imran Khan has recently launched the Rehmatul Lil Alameen Scholarship Program 2021 which provides underprivileged and deserving students aross the country access to undergraduate education.
Under the Rehmat ul Alameen Scholarship 2021, the federal government will spend Rs. 5.5 billion every year on 70,000 scholarships to students across the country and opening doors to education for underprivileged students who otherwise would not have been able to get higher education.
According to the details,, the Rehmatul Lil Alameen Scholarship Program 2021 will be available across 129 universities all over Pakistan with a total budget of Rs 27.93 billion for the next five years.
In Punjab, the annual budget for the Rehmat ul Alameen Scholarship 2021 has been set at Rs. 1 billion while Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will start the programme with an annual budget of Rs. 427 million.
Rehmatul Lil Alameen Scholarship 2021 [Apply Online] – For Punjab Students
The Punjab Government will be providing the Rehmat ul Lil Alameen Scholarship 2021 to 14,891 every year with 891 scholarships reserved for undergraduate students while 14,000 scholarships will be provided to intermediate students.
Under the Rehmat ul Lil Alameen Scholarship 2021, the poor and deserving students will get financial aid of Rs. 25,000 for their education. However, these students will have to meet the eligibility criteria in order to avail the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Rehmatul-Lil Alameen Scholarship 2021
- Students who have secured at least 60% marks in SSC Examinations from any Public Sector School and secured admission in a Public Sector College within two years of passing the SSC Examinations.
- Must not be availing of any other scholarship.
- Students of Science & Humanities groups on the ratio of 60:40 respectively based on fair gender distribution.
- The income of parents must be less than or equal to Rs. 25000/- per month.
- Parents must not own more than 05 acres of agricultural land or 5 Marla urban property.
Note: Out of 50% of need-based scholarships, a 10% quota will be reserved for children of government employees (Grade 1 – 4)
- Candidate must be the highest scorer from their respective district as selected by the Higher Education Department in light of the results issued by the Intermediate and Secondary Education boards.
- The score of the applicant is verified from the data provided by the boards in Punjab through the HEP.
- For the students who get admission in a public sector institute out of their own district, their merit will be determined on the basis of the district of domicile.
Note: The merit of the candidacy to be decided on the basis of their district/place of residence, not the place or district where they are admitted.
How to apply online for Rehmatul-Lil Alameen Scholarship 2021
The Rehmatul Lil Alameen Scholarship 2021 application forms are available online for students to apply using official website seteup for this programme.
However, it is pertinent to mention that Punjab has already handed out applications for the current year and the portal is closed for new applicants. The application portal will reopen once there are more scholarships available since the Rehmat ul Lil Alameen Scholarship Program 2021 will be providing scholarships over the next five years to deserving students.
Rehmatul Lil Alameen Scholarship 2021 [Apply Online] – For Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Students
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) will be providing the Rehmatul Lil Alameen Scholarship 2021 to 4600 deserving and talented students, announced the Provincial Education Minister Shahram Khan Tarakai on Twitter.
Pm @ImranKhanPTI has announced a remarkable scholarship programme for the students. It will be a turning moment toward achieving success. Under the “Rehmatalil Alameen”صلى الله عليه وسلم scholarship KP will be providing 4600 scholarships to the deserving and talented students.— Shahram Khan Tarakai (@ShahramKTarakai) April 15, 2021
However, the application process is yet to commence for the province. Please check up as we will update this post once applications start for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa students.
Read more on scholarships here.