We have all heard an apple a day keeps doctor away, now there is a new hype banana a day keeps the doctor away. Banana a most common and widely used fruits has many health benefits. Who could have thought banana could be a life saver. After knowing its benefits you will surely change the way you see a banana.
” Banana a day keeps the doctor away “
1. Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter
2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar
3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana
4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana
5. Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation
6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6
7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas
8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke
9. Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body
10. Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
11. Constipated? High fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.
12. Got the runs? Bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhea.
13. Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and GERD
14. Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids
15. Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption
16. Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
17. Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease
18. Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness
19. Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation
20. Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana
21. Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day
22. The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
23. Quitting smoking? Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal
24. Remove a wart by placing the inside of a piece of banana peel against the wart and taping it in place
25. Rub the inside of a banana peel on your leather shoes or handbag and polish with a dry cloth for a quick shine
Oh, and remember — bananas make great snacks and delicious smoothies.
Now you know why monkeys are so happy. Eat a banana!
Leave a Reply