The Punjab Government has launched a Driving License Issuance Management System (DLIMS) for anyone wishing to apply for the Driving License in Punjab. This post contains the complete information and procedure which needs to be followed when Applying for a Driving License in Punjab. It also contains the list of required documents to apply for different types of driving licenses as well as links to appropriate forms.
It bears mentioning that a driving license is required to legally operate any kind of motorized vehicle in the province of Punjab. The driver must be at least 18 years of age and in possession of the valid driving license issued from the Driving License Issuance and Management System (DLIMS), which has been developed by the Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB).
Driving License Issuance Management System (DLIMS) Phase-II automates the processes for driving license issuance, renewal and upgrades. These activities are carried out throughout the province of Punjab. This system provides quick processing service to public and up to date statistics to the authorities by using state of the art technology and equipment. The system redefines the issuance process of all types of licenses by using a centralized network.
Key Features of DLIMS
- Centralized Issuance and Management of Driving Licenses
- Centralized Issuance and Management of Challan Ticketing System
- Centralized Database of Licensing System of whole Punjab
- A hassle free approach towards applying and receiving a Driving License
- Centralized Driving License Printing Facility
- Delivery of Issued Licenses through courier and basing on that verification of the Applicant can be made easy
- Help reduce vehicle related crimes
- Creating data hub for facilitate other agencies
- Increase in revenue by ensuring transparency
How to Apply for Driving License in Punjab?
The following steps outline the process of applying for a driving license in Punjab:
- Download and fill the required license from linked in this post.
- Gather required documents
- Submit application at your nearest license center and obtain learner’s permit.
- Visit the licensing center again after 42 days of learning period.
- Pass the initial theoretical test.
- Pass the final driving test.
Note: You are not required to give any test in case you are applying to renew your license or get a duplicate license.
Step 1: Download Driving License Form
Download the required license from:
- Regular Driving License Form
- Renewal Driving License Form
- Duplicate Driving License Form
- International Driving License Form
- Medical Driving License Form
- Endorsement of License Form
Step 2: Required Documents
You are required to submit different documents when applying for a Driving License in Punjab.
Required Documents for Learner License
- A copy of C.N.I.C
- A Ticket of Rs.60 from any Post Office.
- Get a Code Book of Traffic Rules & Regulation from Traffic Police Office.
- Medical Certificate (by Authorized Medical Practitioner)
It is pertinent to mention that following age limit are set in place when applying for a learner license in Punjab.
- Motor Cycle/ Motor Car: 18 Years
- LTV (Rikshaw, Taxi, Tractor Commercial): 21 Years
Note: Learner permits are issued on Daily Bases which Validity is of 6 months.
Required Documents for Permanent License
- Application Form (A) within FileCover
- Original Learner Permit of at least 6 weeks.
- Medical Certificate
- 3 Passport size fresh Photo Graphs (Attested)
- An Attested Copy of C.N.I.C.
- Paste a Ticket of Mentioned Fee on License Document.
- Slip to deposit Rs. 100 in any branch of Habib Bank with Account Number = 01277901547301 (Only for Lahore)
Fee Schedule For Computerized Driving License
|SR NO||CATEGORY||TEST FEE(Rs.)||ISSUE FEE FOR 5 YEARS(Rs.)||TOTAL FEE (Rs.)|
|11||Motor Cycle + Car||200||750||950|
|12||Motor Cycle + LTV||200||750||950|
|13||Motor Cycle + Rickshaw||100||450||550|
|14||Motor CAB + Rickshaw||100||450||550|
|15||LTV + PSV||150||750||900|
|16||HTV + PSV||200||1000||1200|
Required Documents for International License
- Required International Application Form within FileCover
- An attested copy of C.N.I.C.
- A copy of Valid Driving License
- A copy of Pakistani Passport valid
- 2 attested photo graph (Passport Size)
- Rs. 66 Court Fee Ticket.
Note: Applicant will bring his original C.N.I.C, Driving License and Passport with him.
Required Documents for Duplicate License
- Required Duplicate Application Form within FileCover
- An attested copy of C.N.I.C.
- 2 Attested fresh Photographs (Passport size).
- Report from Computer section which expresses the expiry date of license.
- FIR (Lost License report) of the Police Station.
- Tickets will be pasted according to the schedule.
Fee Schedule For Duplicate Driving License
|SR NO||CATEGORY||DUPLICATE FEE (Rs.)|
|11||Motor Cycle + Rickshaw||100|
|12||Motor CAB + Rickshaw||100|
|13||LTV + PSV||150|
|14||HTV + PSV||200|
Required Documents for Renewal of License
- Required Application Form E within FileCover
- 2 Photo Graph Passport Size
- A copy of NIC
- Original Driving License
- Medical Report
- Ticket of relevant License Fee Schedule
Fee Schedule for Driving License Renewal
|SR NO||CATEGORY||ISSUE FEE FOR 5 YEARS(Rs.)|
|11||Motor Cycle + Car||750|
|12||Motor Cycle + LTV||750|
|13||Motor Cycle + Rickshaw||450|
|14||Motor CAB + Rickshaw||450|
|15||LTV + PSV||750|
|16||HTV + PSV||1000|
- No charges for renewal of license within one month.
- After one month & before 90 days 50% fine will be charged.
- After 90 days & before one year 100% fine will be charged.
FINE SCHEDULE :
|SR NO||CATEGORY||1 to 3 Months (Rs.)||3 to 12 Months(Rs.)||One Year(Rs.)|
|2||Motor Cycle + CAR + LTV||75||150||375|
|3||HTV + PSV||100||200||500|
Required Documents for Endorsement of License
- Endorsement Form
- A Copy of Medical Certificate.
- A Copy of N.I.C.
- 2 Attested Fresh Photographs.
- Original Learner Permit of atleast Six Weeks.
- Driving Tickets According to Schedule.
- 1st license will be attached.
- For Further Detail Please Contact Traffic Police Inquiry Office.
Step 3: Locate Nearest Driving License Office
Locate your Licensing Centre in Punjab from the table below:
|License Center||Address||Phone No.|
|Attock||INCHARGE TRAFFIC DISTRICT||057-2603850|
|Bahawalnagar||DSP TRAFFIC OFFICE OPPOSITE DISTRICT JAIL||063-2272242|
|Bahawalpur||PTCL EXCHANGE, SATELLITE TOWN||062-2280104|
|Chakwal||DSP TRAFFIC DISTRICT||0543-660335|
|Chiniot||PINDI BHATAIN ROAD IN FRONT OF POLICE LINE||047-6331650|
|Dera Ghazi Khan||RAILWAY ROAD||064-2470087|
|Faisalabad||CTO FAISALABAD, NAZAD THANA CIVIL LINE, KUTCHERY BAZAR||041-2408272|
|Gujranwala||CTO GUJRANWALA, DC ROAD||055-3730096|
|Gujrat||PURANA G.T ROAD NEAR AMIN FAN||053-3601190|
|Jhang||BACK SIDE OF POLICE WELFARE PETROL PUMP NEAR SADAR CHOWK||047-7651383|
|Jhelum||DSP TRAFFIC DISTRICT||0544-621608|
|Kasur||D.P.O OFFICE COMPLEX, DISTRICT COURT FEROZE PUR ROAD||049-2760680|
|Lahore DHA||K94 COMMERCIAL BLOCK, Phase 3, DHA||N/A|
|Lahore Allama Iqbal Town||POLICE FACILITATION CENTER, MOON MARKET, DUBAI CHOWK, ALLAMA IQBAL TOWN||042-37802240|
|Lahore Raiwind||ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OFFICE PAJIAN MOR NEAR 1122 RESCUE OFFICE||042-35397610|
|Lahore Lower Mall||POLICE FACILITATION CENTER, LOWER MALL UNDER METRO BRIDGE||N/A|
|Lahore CTO Office||OUT FALL ROAD, KATCHEHRY||042-37116745|
|Lahore ASTP Ferozepur Road||GROUND FLOOR ARFA SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY PARK||042-35918241|
|Lahore Liberty||LIBERTY MARKET, PARKING AREA||042-35712030|
|Lahore Qurban Lines||DRIVING LICENSE OFFICE QURBAN LINES||042-35777015|
|Lahore Cantt||NORTH CHOWNI POLICE STATION||042-36624056|
|Mandi Bahaud Din||EX-D.P.O OFFICE, PS SADAR M.B. DIN PHALIA ROAD||0546-520234|
|Mianwali||PROVINCIAL HIGHWAYS BUILDING NEAR JAHAAZ CHOWK||0459-233445|
|Multan||POLICE LINES NO.1||061-4501013|
|Nankana Sahib||PS SADAR NANKANA SAHIB||056-2875492|
|Narowal||PS SADAR NAROWAL SHAKARGARH ROAD NEAR NEW KACHAHRI||0542-500038|
|Okara||DSP/TRAFFIC OFFICE INSIDE D.P.O OFFICE||044-2510132|
|Rahim Yar Khan||PTCL EXCHANGE, MODEL TOWN||068-5877210|
|Rawalpindi||RACE COURSE GROUND||051-5565005|
|Sahiwal||DSP TRAFFIC SAHIWAL, D.P.O OFFICE, NAZAD ZILLA KUTCHERY||040-4224366|
|Sialkot||DISTRICT POLICE LINES NEAR KACHAHRI||052-4264048|
|Toba Tek Singh||DISTRICT KATCHARY NEAR D.P.O OFFICE||046-2516215|
Submit the required documents at the nearest licensing center to apply for a Driving License in Punjab.
You can find more details on ‘How to Apply for Driving License in Punjab?’ on the DLIMS Official Website.