Lieutenant (Lt) General Sahir Shamshad Mirza has been nominated as the next Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) by Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif and the summary of his appointment has been forwarded to President Arif Alvi.
Lt Gen Sahir Shamshad Mirza Biography
Lt General Sahir Shamshad Mirza is a four-star ranking General in the Pakistan Army and currently serving as the Commander for Rawalpindi Corps, a position he was appointed to in September 2021. Earlier, he served as the Chief of General Staff (CGS) from June 2019 to September 2021. Lt General Sahir Shamshad Mirza has also served as the Chief of General Staff – Alpha from October 2018 to June 2019.
He was commissioned in the 8th Battalion of the Sindh Regiment and has served as Adjutant General from June 2019 to November 2019. Lt Gen Sahir Shamshad Mirza has also held position of Director-General (DG) Military Operations from September 2015 to October 2018 under former COAS Raheel Sharif.
During his assignment at Military Operations, he commanded 40th Infantry Division in Okara.
Awards and Decorations Held by Lt Gen Sahir Shamshad Mirza
- Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military) aka Crescent of Excellence – 2018
- Tamgha-e-Diffa (General Service Medal) – Siachen Glacier Clasp
- Tamgha-e-Baqa (Nuclear Test Medal) – 1998
- Tamgha-e-Imtiaz (Escalation with India Medal) – 2002
- Tamgha-e-Azm (Medal of Conviction) 2018)
- Service Medals (10 Years, 20 Years, 30 Years, 35 Years)
- Jamhuriat Tamgha (Democracy Medal) – 1988
- Qarardad-e-Pakistan Tamgha (Resolution Day Golden Jubilee Medal) – 1990
- Tamgha-e-Salgirah Pakistan (Independence Day Golden Jubilee Medal) – 1997
- Command & Staff College Quetta (Instructors Medal)
- United Nations UNOMSIL Medal (2 Deployments)