National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has launched the Digital Power of Attorney (PoA) Service for overseas Pakistanis.
According to the details, with NADRA’s state-of-the-art facility for overseas Pakistanis, it has become very easy to issue a Power of Attorney (PoA) without having to reside in Pakistan.
The facility allows Pakistanis residing abroad to create Power of Attorney through 6 simple steps from the comfort of their own homes.
How to Create a Digital Power of Attorney?
1. Account Creation
Applicant will access the PoA Portal to create their account by providing their e-mail address along with other details.
2. Applying for PoA
Once successfully signed up and authenticated (via OTP), the executor can Apply Online for PoA by submitting required documents.
Applicant will upload biometrics on the provided Fingerprint form.
4. Fee Payment
Applicant will pay the required fee for the application and receive results of biometric verification.
5. Video Interview
The Consular Officer will schedule and conduct an online (video) interview with the applicant to determine the final decision on the case.
6. Final Consent
A system-generated email is sent to the applicant’s registered e-mail address to acquire the ‘Final Consent’ for POA issuance
Eligibility and Pre-Requisites
- Executor (s) must be an Overseas Pakistani
- Valid Identity document of Executor (s), Witnesses and Attorney including CNIC / NICOP / POC (both front and sides)
- Valid e-mail address of the Executor (s)
- Contact Number and Mailing Address in the country of application (outside of Pakistan)
- Biometrics of Executor(s) and 2 x witnesses (Best 4 fingers)
- Credit Card / Debit Card to make online Fee Payment within the application
- Scanned Copy of Original Power of Attorney with signature and thumb impressions of executants(s) and witnesses, as well as photo of executant affixed on it
- Any other relevant documents (for example Affidavit, if applicable, to be uploaded in the PoA system by the Applicant)
- Details of Attorney and Witnesses
- For POA Attestation, Foreigners are required to physically visit the concerned Pakistan Mission Abroad after having their documents attested from their country’s respective State Department/Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Executor (s) are responsible for choosing their concerned Pakistan Foreign Mission (Embassy/High Commission/Consulate) when applying for the Digital Power of Attorney. Failure to do so might route the application to the wrong mission and could result in rejection.
For more details, you can visit NADRA’s official website for Digital Power of Attorney.