Prime Minister Imran Khan’s Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card is a milestone towards social reforms in the country and you can check your eligibility in the program by sending an SMS at the designated number or going to the official website. In this article, we will guide you through the steps on how to check your eligibility for the Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card.
What is Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card?
The Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card (previously known as Sehat Insaf Card) is a milestone by the federal government to make health reforms in the country. Under the Sehat Card, you are eligible for free-of-cost health care at government-owned or private hospitals across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, AJ&K, District Tharparkar and Islamabad, while rest pf Sindh and Balochistan will be added to the list in the near future.
Under the Sehat Card, you are entitled to health insurance / medical treatment costing Rs. 1 million each year, which is the first time a comprehensive health programme has been introduced in the country. This programme is a step towards forming a welfare state, which is a vision of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
How to Check Eligibility for Sehat Card?
There are two ways to check your eligibility for the Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card by sending an SMS to 8500 with your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number. However, it bears mentioning that you are already eligible for the Sehat Card if you fall into one of the following categories:
- All Permanent Residents of Islamabad Capital Territory as per NADRA CNIC
- All Permanent Residents of Punjab as per NADRA CNIC in Phased manner
- All Permanent Residents of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as per NADRA CNIC
- All Permanent Residents of Azad Jammu & Kashmir as per NADRA CNIC
- All Permanent Residents of Gilgit Baltistan as per NADRA CNIC in phased manner
- All Permanent Residents of District Tharparker – Sindh as per NADRA CNIC
- Member of Transgender Community (across Pakistan), who is registered with NADRA with special CNIC
Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card App
You can also check eligibility through the Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card App, which is available on the Google Play Store and Apple Store. The app also provides information about the procedures and treatments under the program as well as the list of hospitals providing treatment under the national health insurance programme (aka Sehat Sahulat Program).