The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) under Chief Minister Merit Scholarships (CMMS) Program has launched a fully-funded CMMS PhD Foreign Scholarships for eligible Pakistani Nationals.
The students can peruse their education from the top 50 QS ranked universities in the world. The last date for the application submission for CMMS Ph.D. Foreign Scholarship is March 31, 2021.
The CMMS PhD Foreign Scholarships will accommodate 90% of the students having a Punjab domicile, however, 10% of the program fund is allocated for other federating units including AJK, Gilgit-Baltistan, and Islamabad Capital Territory.
However, the CMMS Program will not be responsible for getting admission or arranging visa for students.
Eligibility Criteria – CMMS Program PhD Foreign Scholarships
- Valid Ph.D. admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas (www.peef.org.pk/CMMS.html)
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse, and parents) is equal to or less than PKR. 200,000/-
- Maximum age of 35 years at the time of submission of application.
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past.
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani nationals, both males and females are eligible to apply.
Existing permanent/regular faculty members of public sector teaching / educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Ph.D. Foreign Scholarship
PhD Scholarships Coverage
PhD Scholarships awarded under CMMS are fully funded and cover the following costs:
- 100% Tuition fees
- Boarding and Lodging (as per approved rates)
- Health Insurance
Discipline wise allocation of scholarships
Allocation of the scholarships is as follows:
- 80 % of scholarships are reserved for science disciplines
- 20% of scholarships are reserved for Social Sciences/Humanities and Arts.
Geographical distribution of CMMS Program scholarships
Geographical distribution of scholarships is as follows:
- 90% of scholarships are awarded to the students of Punjab.
- 10% of scholarships have been allocated for the other federating units of Pakistan.
- Copy of valid admission offer for Ph.D. for fall 2021 intake. Attested a copy of CNIC.
- Copy of Passport.
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials.
- CV/ Resume.
- Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal.
- Income affidavit on legal paper (Sample attached with application form).
- Copy of last paid utility bills (Electricity, Gas, and phone).
- Attested copy of domicile.
- Copy of previous months’ payslips (Self/ parents/ guardian if applicable).
- Three passport size photographs (white background).
- Any other supporting documentation required to substantiate the facts given in the application
Preferred Subject Areas
Engineering & Technology
- Low-Cost Housing
Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Photovoltaic Engineering
- Modelling Engineering
- Power Engineering
Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering
- Coal Technology
Life Sciences & Medicine
- Nano Biology
- Computational Biology
- Structural Biology
Physics & Astronomy
- Plasma Physics
- Device Fabrication
Earth & Marine Sciences
- Nano Material Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
Social Sciences & Humanities/ Arts
Economics & Econometrics
- Environmental Economics
- Waters Economics
- Energy Economics
- Economics of Health
- Economics of Education
- Urban Economics
- Public Finance
- Cyber Laws
- International Laws
- Forensic Laws
- Legislative Drafting
Political & International Studies: China Studies
Statistics: Sampling Statistics
Arts & Design
English Language and Literature
Communication & Media Studies
- Electronic Media
- Social Media
- Film Making
Top QS Ranked Universities
To apply for the PEEF CMMS Fully Funded Ph.D. Foreign Scholarships apply in one of the QS World University Ranking by subject. Check the list of Universities by clicking on the following link:
How to Apply for CMMS Ph.D. Foreign Scholarship 2021
- Secure admission in Top 50 QS Ranked (subject wise) Universities of the world in the preferred subject areas as mentioned above.
- The scholarship application form can be downloaded from https:llwww.peef.org.pk/cmms.html
- Send duly filled application form to PEEF within due date.
- The selected candidates cannot defer the scholarship to next year.
- Permanent/regular faculty members of public sector teaching / educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for the Chief Minister Merit Scholarship (CMMS) Program.
- To get admission to the University and apply for Visa is the responsibility of the applicant.
- The decision of the Scholarship Selection Committee shall be final.
- PEEF reserves the right to reject any application or call off the whole selection process without assigning any reason.
- The Last Date for the receipt of applications in PEEF Office is March 31, 2021
Download Application Form
The application form for the CMMS Ph.D. Foreign Scholarship (2021-22) For Ph.D. level can be downloaded from the following link
Instruction For Filling Application Form
- Read every field carefully, it is advised to photocopy the form and fill it before filling the original application form to make sure all the information is correct and final.
- Answer all questions. Those not applicable should be marked “N/A”.
- For family financial reporting, parents/ guardians should be consulted.
- Fields marked with a tick mark (√) should only be answered in the same.
- Do not provide false or incomplete information.
- Use an extra sheet (If required).
- Ensure that you have attached all required documents by completing and ticking the
READ MORE : SCHOLARSHIPS