If you are a resident of Islamabad and need a character certificate, you can get one by visiting your nearest police service center along with your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) and passport.
It is pertinent to mention that character certificates are required for traveling abroad, getting jobs or even renting out property as per rules of some housing societies.
Islamabad Police has made the procedure to get a character certificate fairly simple with just a few documents in hand and a visit to the nearest police service center.
Procedure & Documents Required
- Applicant must bring his / her original CNIC and Passport.
- In case, the address in Islamabad is not mentioned on applicant’s CNIC, he or she must bring residential proof i.e. Rent Agreement or Affidavit by the owner.
- If the applicant is abroad, he or she will have to authorize his or her close relative on a specified authority letter duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Applicant can download a specimen of authority letter from official website of the Islamabad Police.
- In addition to the authority letter, print of exit stamp, copy of CNIC, a copy of passport and a photograph of the applicant abroad is also required for the issuance of character certificate.
- The service is available 24/7.
For more information you can contact Islamabad Police on 051-9201522
اسلام آباد پولیس سے کیریکٹر سرٹیفیکیٹ کے حصول کیلئے اپنے شناختی کارڈ اور پاسپورٹ کے ہمراہ قریبی پولیس خدمت مرکز تشریف لے جائیں۔ شناختی کارڈ پر اسلام آباد کا ایڈریس نہ ہونے کی صورت میں رہائشی ثبوت جیسے کرایہ نامہ بھی ہمراہ لائیں۔ مزید معلومات کیلئے 0519201522 پر کال کریں۔#ICTP pic.twitter.com/hQoZmgdsW0— Islamabad Police (@ICT_Police) November 14, 2022