The profit rates on Pakistan National Savings Schemes Certificates have been increased, said the Finance Ministry in a notification issued on Thursday.
According to the details, the profit rates for the Defense Savings Certificate has been increased to 9.35% from earlier 9.29% while return on the Regular Income Certificates has been revised from 8.64% to 8.76%.
Similarly, the profit rates return on the Short Term Savings Certificate with a tenor of six months has been increased from 7.14% to 7.20%.
Meanwhile, returns on the following will remain unchanged:
- Special Savings Certificates
- Special Savings Account
- Bahbood Savings Certificates
- Pensioners Benefit Account
- Shuhada Family Welfare Account
- Savings Account
- Short Term Savings Certificates (three months)
- Short Term Savings Certificates (12 months)