SINDH: The Chief Minister of Sindh Murad Ali Shah has made some important announcements to close down the province of Sindh for 15 days amid the growing ‘coronavirus’ outbreak in the province.
The CM Sindh has announced to close down the province for 15 days starting tomorrow due to coronavirus.
To control the spread of the virus, all restaurants, malls, shopping centers will be closed.
Takeaways and deliveries will be open. Grocery and medical stores will be open to the public.
Intercity transportation (buses) will also shut down. The Government offices are expected to be closed as well probably by Thursday, the notification for which will be issued as well.
Section 144 will be imposed on all public gatherings, like parks, beaches, etc.
Murad Ali Shah makes some important announcements
- Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah said he wants to increase coronavirus testing capacity from 200 to 5,000.
- Restaurants and shopping malls will be closed for 15 days.
- K-Electric directed to ensure uninterrupted electricity supply while malls and restaurants are closed.
- Utility stores, vegetable, chicken and fish market to remain open.
- Public parks and Sea View closed. Section 144 imposed.
- Government offices will be closed from the day after for which a notification will be issued.
- Restaraunt services in big hotels closed.
- Dining facility and gatherings closed — Takeaways and delivery will be open
- Utility stores can remain open 24 hours.
- Can place orders and take away from restaurants.
- Inter-city bus services to be closed from day after (Thursday)
READ MORE: Coronavirus Outbreak: Total Cases in Pakistan rise to 216
For the safety of people of Sindh
Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, who has been very active since the coronavirus outbreak has taken the decision to close down the province for the safety of the people and to control the outbreak.
Rs. 3 Billion Coronavirus Relief Fund
The Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah also announced Rs. 3 Billion Coronavirus relief Fund on Tuesday.
The grade 21 officers of the Government of Sind will be donating half of their salaries.
Grade 17 – 20 officers will donate 10% of their salaries.
Grade 1 -16 will donate 5% of their salaries.
Follow INCPAK on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram for updates.