With Eid-ul-Adha 2023 right around the corner and the Government of Sindh has revealed eight locations to set up Maveshi Mandi (Cattle Markets) in Karachi.
In a notification, the Sindh Government has stated that Section 144 was being imposed on setting up cattle markets (maveshi mandi) at unauthorized locations to avoid traffic congestion, unhygienic conditions and security issues.
Locations for Maveshi Mandi in Karachi – Eid ul Adha 2023
- Taiser Town, Northern Bypass
- Malir 15, Asoo Goth
- Cattle Mandi Landhi
- Rice Godown, Landhi near Baber Market
- Hamdard University near Manghopir
- Moach Goth, Baldia Town
- Cattle Mandi permitted by Station Commander in the limits of Clifton Cantonment Board
- Cattle Mandi permitted by the President Karachi Cantonment Board in the limits of Karachi Cantonment Board.
It is pertinent to mention that largest cattle mandi of Karachi, which is usually set up at Superhighway, will now be set up on the Northern Bypass Scheme 45 at Taiser Town.
The notification added that strict action will be taken and cases will be registered under Section 188 of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) against those who violate Section 144.
Furthermore, the Government has deployed contingents of police and Rangers, while eight security pickets have been set up on the route of the maveshi mandi locations in Karachi.
Read more: Eid ul Adha 2023 Expected Date.