ISLAMABAD: Ministry of Religious Affairs disappoints Fahad Mustafa, Aamir Liaquat and Co ahead of Holy Month of Ramadan by proposing a ban on Game Shows on various channels.
Federal Minister for Religious Affairs and Inter-faith Harmony Nool-ul-Haq Qadri wrote a letter to Prime Minister Imran Kha, requesting to put a ban on Game Shows during the holy month of Ramadan.
In a letter, Federal Minister Qadri stated that ‘I would like to draw your attention to a very sensitive issue which has been observed since last few years that various TV channels telecast Ramadan transmission in the holy month of Ramadan. During these transmissions, different programs/shows are anchored/presented by a number of hosts who due to lack of proper Islamabad education hardly qualify to anchor/present such programs. as a result, different controversies are created and the general public rush to social media trolling such content and also complains to this Ministry as well as the other authorities.’
Mr Qadri highlighted,
In order to foul the emergence of such controversies, the following guidelines have been proposed for Ramadan Transmission for observance by all media channels.
- Religious programs during Ramadan Transmission shall be anchored/presented only by religiously well-versed and educated people.
- Achor/Presenter and all the participants shall follow modesty in their dress code and appearance to honor the sanctity of the holy month of Ramadan.
- No person shall be allowed to discuss controversial religious or sectarian issues, Sanctity of religious personalities of all sects/religious communities shall be ensured.
- Game Shows or recreational stuff shall not be aired immediately before or after Sehar/Iftar timings, moreover, the games and such stuff may not be part of religious programs.
- Promotion of religious/sectarian harmony and propagation of Islamic teachings shall be the prime focus of Ramadan transmission.
- Unethical/immoral stuff, activity and advertisement shall not be telecast during the holy month of Ramadan.
I shall be grateful if the above-proposed guidelines regarding Ramadan transmission may be preused and directions may be conveyed to the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and PEMRA to advise all TV Channels to follow the afore-mentioned proposed guidelines in letter and spirit.
The final decision will be taken by Prime Minister Imran Khan regarding the Game Shows by directing Ministry of Information & Broadcast and PEMRA.
رمضان ٹرانسمیشن سے متعلق عوامی حلقوں کی شکایات پر وزیر مذہبی امور @NoorulhaqPir نے @PresOfPakistan اور @PakPMO کو رمضان نشریات کے حوالے سے 6 رہنما اصول ارسال کر دیے:— Ministry of Religious Affairs & Interfaith Harmony (@MORAisbOfficial) March 17, 2022
1۔ معاشرے میں مذہبی و مسلکی ہم آہنگی کا فروغ رمضان نشریات کی اولین ترجیح ہونا چاہئے۔