KARACHI: Government of Sindh has given directives to end the lockdown across the province that was placed in March to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
A notification was issued in this regard by the Sindh Home Department stating that all business activities are hereby allowed to open except educational institutions and marriage halls which will reopen from 15 September.
The following is the list of businesses that are allowed to reopen subject to implentation of SOPs:
- Non contact sports sports clubs, gyms, sports facilities.
- Sporting tournaments, indoor and outdoor (without spectators).
- Hotels, restaurants, cafes (dine-in, delivery, takeaway and home catering services).
- Parks and grounds.
- Beauty parlors and spas.
- Cinemas and theaters
- Permitted / licensed gatherings / shrines
- Tourism / tourist hotels
- Public transport with SOPs
- Social clubs with SOPs as applicable to respective permissible activities.
The following business timings shall be observed in Sindh:
Six days a week from 6:00AM to 8:00PM expect Saturday when businesses may remain open till 9:00PM. However, one day is to be off either on Friday or Sunday depending on the respective areas.
Restaurants / Cafes:
Seven days a week with restricted dine-in as per SOPs.
- Dine-in will be allowed from morning till 10:00PM with last order or customer being taken in by 9:00PM except for Saturday when an extra hour is permitted till 11:00PM and last customer being taken in by 10:00PM.
- Take Away will be allowed from morning till 10:00PM while on Saturday and extension of one hour is given till 11:00PM.
- Home Delivery timings will be observed from morning till midnight (12:00AM).
Even though the Sindh Government has ended the lockdown allowing business activities to resume, the notification emphasizes on the need to adhere to the precautionary steps and standard operating procedures (SOPs) issued by the Government to curb the spread of COVID-19.
The notification states that action will be taken against anyone found in violation of the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Details can be found in the copy of the Sindh lockdown notification attached below:
In related news, Punjab Government has also lifted lockdown restrictions allowing businesses to reopen and operate more freely.