KARACHI: Sindh Government, Transport Minister Awaiz Shah allows Transporters to resume bus service (Public Transport) by following the Standards operating procedures (SOPs).
The Government of Sindh has decided to allow resuming of Intra-City (within district) bus operation to cope with the transportation needs of the general public with strict observance of the following approved standard operating procedure SOPs
Read More: Sindh Govt allows Intercity transport
Public Transport SOPs to be observed
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces of buses, bus terminals, and waiting areas
- Observing social distancing during ticketing, boarding, traveling & alighting with minimum 3ft distance.
- Wearing masks and hand gloves are mandatory for all the passengers, drivers, and conductors.
- Keep minimum baggage.
- Ensuring the availability of masks and hand sanitizers is the responsibility of transporters in every bus.
- Checking the body temperature of every passenger including driver and conductor before boarding the bus service.
- Not allowing anyone with cough or fever to board the bus.
- There should be fifty (50%) percent seating arrangements for the passengers with reasonable distancing among them.
- Ensuring the ventilation of air by opening windows/ventilators.
- Using rear door for boarding and front door for alighting.
- If a single door bus then allows passengers to alight first and board later.
- Sneezing or coughing into elbow or tissue papers.
- Installing disinfecting/spraying gates at boarding places.
- Making the location of parking bays of buses.
- Crowd management via the deployment of additional/necessary staff and marking positions..
- Ensuring availability of soaps/sanitizers in areas/toilets.
- The elderly and the sick should not be allowed in the Intra-city/ Intra District bus services.
- Provide a cash dropbox to the conductor
- Designated bus stops shall be used for boarding alighting.
Meanwhile, Inter-Provincial Transport (from one province to another province shall remain closed.