SINDH: The health Department Government of Sindh has issued a set of home isolation guidelines for COVID-19 patients.
The people who may be infected and have minor symptoms can home isolate with following the guidelines provided by the Health Department.
The home isolation guidelines clearly points out the Dos and Don’ts for home isolation and it also suggests when to contact doctors.
Simple questions like What can I do? When should I consult a doctor and who should I contact are also addressed in the guideline.
Home Isolation Guidelines
What can I do during isolation?
- Stay in a well-ventilated room.
- Make sure other family members stay in a different room. They should maintain absolute distance from the patient until completely cured.
- Designate only one person to attend the COVID-19 patient who will maintain distance from the rest of the family. He or she must use proper PPE.
- Perform hand hygiene properly and frequently.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of the ones used tissue paper immediately.
- Use dustbin with a lid to dispose of the used tissues and other waste products.
- Line the dustbin with a bag. Tie the bag tightly before throwing it.
- Use the surgical mask at all times. Change the mask when it becomes wet.
- Wash your clothes in warm water. Have the person doing the laundry wash hands immediately after picking up the clothes.
- Do not leave your room. Maintain absolute isolation.
- Do not allow any visitors in your home.
- Do not allow people with weak immune, older age or chronic conditions to take care of you.
- Do not touch your face unnecessarily
- Do not shake your clothes after removing.
- Do not let the clothes touch the body of the person picking up your clothes.
When should I consult a doctor?
If you decide to stay at home and one or more of the following symptoms appear, immediately report to your doctor:
- Fever or
- Cough or
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Persistence pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse, bluish lips or face
- Make sure you have access to several weeks of medication and supplies in case you need to stay at home.
Who Should you contact?
- A doctor is being assigned to you, he/she will make a daily call to you to inquire about your health condition.
- You are requested to extend full cooperation for the betterment of your health.
- In case of emergency or worsening of the symptoms, please make a call to your designated doctor, who shall arrange all the required facilities for you.
- In case, the doctor does not attend the call due to any uncontrolled reasons, please inform the Control Room, who shall arrange referral services for you immediately.
READ MORE: Indian Air Force MiG-29 fighter jet crashes