The Punjab Safe City Authority (PSCA) has issued the traffic alert for Lahore amid the Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) protest being carried out in the city as the banned religious party demands that the government uphold their promise made on 20 April 2021 during previous TLP protest to expel the French ambassador to Pakistan and release their leader Saad Hussain Rizvi, the son of late founder Khadim Hussain Rizvi.
Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) had announced a long march from Lahore towards Islamabad after Friday prayers while accusing the government to turning back on their promise and agreement signed between both sides in April. The TLP’s media cell also stated that the group had a “Plan B” in case its members were stopped from marching towards the capital. “If any hurdles are created, the party also has a Plan B to thwart any official attempts,” said TLP leader Pir Ajmal Qadri.
Major roads in Lahore are currently closed because of TLP protest and Dharna (sit-in) being carried out in front of TLP headquarters at Multan Road in Lahore. The Punjab Safe City Authority (PSCA) has issued a traffic alert for Lahore for convenience of commuters so that they can avoid routes closed for traffic amid the TLP protest.
According to the Traffic Alert issued for Lahore, the following roads are currently closed:
- Dubai Chowk towards Scheme Mor
- Kharak towards Scheme Mor
- Liaquat Chowk towards Scheme Mor
- Gulshan Ravi towards Yateem Khana
- Samanabad towards Yateem Khana
- Bund Road Shell Pump towards Yateem Khana
- Babu Sabu towards Motorway (M-2)
- Shadhrah Chowk
- Sangli Flyover
- Old Ravi Flyover
- Moon Market towards Scheme Mor
- Power House towards Scheme Mor
- District Kacheri towards Sangli
- Data Darbar towards Pir Maki
Meanwhile, the National Highways and Motorway Police (NHMP) has issued its own traffic alert for roads (entry and exit points) in Lahore leading towards motorway (M-2). The following
- Babu Sabu Interchange is closed (Entry-Exit).
- Thokar Niaz Bhaig is an alternative route for the traffic of M2.
- Traffic at Muridke, (Sufi Waters) is blocked.
- Traffic at Muridlke, (Panga Restaurant) is blocked.
Road Alert!— National Highways & Motorway Police (NHMP) (@NHMPofficial) October 22, 2021
1: Babu Sabu Interchange is closed (Entry-Exit),
2: Thokar Niaz Bhaig is an alternative route for the traffic of M2.
3: Traffic at Muridke, (Sufi Waters) is blocked.
4: Traffic at Muridke, (Panga Restuarant) is blocked.
For traffic updates call 15 Helpline of tune unto Traffic Police FM Channel at 88.6FM.