WEATHER UPDATE: The Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has predicted rain and thundershowers across the country, including Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore and several other cities.
The Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has issued a press release in this regard. “Strong monsoon currents are likely to penetrate in upper parts of the country from 12th August (Thursday) and likely to continue till 15th August (Sunday).” stated the press release.
More Rain-wind/Thundershower predicted in the country— Pak Met Department محکمہ موسمیات (@pmdgov) August 11, 2021
Strong #monsoon currents are likely to penetrate in upper parts of the country from 12th August (Thursday) and likely to continue till 15th August (Sunday). pic.twitter.com/MC0gRQGq38
According to the weather update provided by PMD:
- Rain-wind-thundershower (with isolated heavy falls) is expected in Kashmir, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Attock, Chakwal, Jhelum, Gujrat, Mandi Bahauddin, Sialkot, Narowal, Gujranwala, Hafizabad, Lahore, Okara, Sahiwal, Jhang, Toba Tek Singh, Faisalabad, Sargodha, Mianwali, Kohistan, Shangla, Mansehra, Abbottabad, Haripur, Mardan, Charsadda, Nowshera, Dir, Chitral, Peshawar, Kohat, Waziristan, Tank, Karak, Bannu, D.I. Khan, Bhakkar, Layyah and Gilgit-Baltistan (Ghizer, Astore, Diamir, Skardu, Gilgit, Hunza, Nagar, Ghanche and Kharmang)with occasional gaps from 12th August (Thursday (night)) to 15th August (Sunday).
- Rain-wind-thundershower is also expected in, Dera Ghazi Khan, Rajanpur, Khanpur, Rahimyar Khan, Multan, Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar, Sukkur, Larkana, Jacobabad, Dadu, Shaheed Benazirabad, Mirpurkhas, Naseerabad, Jaffarabad, Kohlu, Loralai, Barkhan, Zhob, Ziarat, Quetta, Mastung, Khuzdar and Kalat from 15th August Sunday (evening) to 17th August (Tuesday).
- Heavy rains may generate flash flooding in some Local/Barsati Nullahs of Shangla, Buner, Batgram, Mansehra, Balakot, Abbottabad, Swat, Kohistan, Kashmir, Islamabad/Rawalpindi, Sialkot and Narowal during 14th August (Saturday) & 15th August (Sunday), while in hill torrents of Dera Ghazi Khan and eastern parts of Balochistan on 15th & 16th August (Sunday & Monday).
- Heavy fall can also generate urban flooding in Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Lahore, Faisalabad and Peshawar during the period.
- Heavy falls may trigger landslides in the vulnerable areas of Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan and Upper Khyber Pakhtunkhwa during the forecast period. Note: All concerned authorities are advised to remain “ALERT” during the forecast period.
Read more: Kamyab Pakistan Program Launch Delayed.