Huddersfield: Huddersfield Grooming Gang Jailed For Raping 15 Girls aged between 11 and 17. The gang members are all British Asians mainly of Pakistani heritage.
The Huddersfield Grooming Gang a total of 20 men ranging in the age from 27 to 54 are convicted at Leeds Crown Court. All the 20 gang members are British Asian and convicted of more than 120 offenses against all 15 girls.
A lengthy jail sentence is given to the gang of 20 men who boarded on the rape and other sexual abuse campaigns against teenage girls.
READ MORE: Russian Motoblogger ‘Sexiest Biker Girl’ dies in a car crash
How Did the Gang Operate And Trap The Girls
The gang members are all British Asians mainly of Pakistani heritage. The girls were groomed by them by making them feel special by flattering them, taking them to parties, with rides in the cars, and also with presents.
The girls were deliberately targeted for their vulnerability. The girls either came from troubled homes or had learning disabilities. Many of the 15 girls targeted were socially neglected, many were with mild disabilities, girls who were bullied at school. As a result, they craved attention which was given by the men at first.
A relationship of trust was developed first after which they were targeted. The man used violence and plied the victims with alcohol and drugs. The girls were also threatened and forced into sexual activities against their will.
How Did the Crime Came in Notice
The victims and their families have been reporting to authorities but it all fell on deaf ears. One woman claims to have written to the Prime Minister.
When a girl reported to police they responded: “You must have wanted it.”
In was only when a letter reached a judge in 2011, that the allegation was taken seriously.
2013 police received complaints from another victim against two gang members. Over the following three years many girls and women were interviewed and in March 2017, initially, 29 people were charged. The operation became known as Operation Tendersea.
The most dreadful predators, who went by names including “Beastie”, “Dracula” and “Nurse” sexually abused 15 girls, the youngest of who was 11 or 12.
Ringleader Amere Singh Dhaliwal 35, is jailed for life and must serve a minimum of 18 years in prison. Dhaliwal is married with two children of his own, groomed at least 11 girls. He even passed on the girls to drug dealers in exchange of drugs. He is convicted of 54 separate counts, including 22 rapes, involving 11 girls.
Fifteen women told juries what happened to them between 2004 and 2011 when they were aged between 11 and 17.
They were sexually abused in isolated areas such as cars, car parks, houses, a snooker centre, a takeaway and in a park and sometimes plastic bags were used as condoms.
Several were forced to commit crimes and served custodial sentences for it and at least one tried to kill herself.
Sajid Hussain, 33, known as “Fish”, was convicted by the jury of one count of rape and one count of oral rape against a victim when she was just 14 years old. He went on the run from the trial and was then sentenced to 17 years in his absence.
The full list of 20 defendants, 121 convictions and their sentences:
Trial one results:
- Amere Singh Dhaliwal, aged 35; jailed for life – minimum 18 years; he received full life terms for all of the 22 rape offenses, will be on licence for life. He was charged with 21 counts of rape, assault by penetration, four counts of sexual assault, five counts of inciting sexual activity with a child, 13 counts of trafficking for sexual exploitation, three counts of making indecent images, one count of inciting child prostitution, two offences of administering a substance with intent to commit a sexual act and a racially aggravated assault;
- Irfan Ahmed, aged, 34, jailed for 8 years for sexual activity with a child and two counts of trafficking for sexual exploitation;
- Zahid Hassan, aged 29, jailed for 18 years for eight counts of rape, sexual assault, trafficking for sexual exploitation, two counts of child abduction, two offenses of supply of Class A drugs and racially aggravated assault;
- Mohammed Kammer, aged 34, jailed for 16 years for two counts of rape;
- Raj Singh Barsran, aged 34, jailed for 17 years for one offense of rape and two counts of sexual assault;
- Mohammed Rizwan Aslam, aged 30, jailed for 15 years for two counts of rape;
- Abdul Rehman, aged 31, jailed for 16 years for rape, trafficking for sexual exploitation, assault causing actual bodily harm and supply of Class B drugs
- Nahman Mohammed, aged 32, jailed for 15 years for two counts of rape and trafficking for sexual exploitation.
Trial two results:
- Mansoor Akhtar, aged 27, jailed for 8 years for rape of a child under 16 and trafficking offenses;
- Mohammed Irfraz, aged 30, jailed for 6 years for child abduction and trafficking offenses;
- Nasarat Hussain, aged 30, jailed for 17 years after being found guilty of three counts of rape and sexual assault offences;
- Sajid Hussain, aged 33, jailed for 17 years after being found guilty of two counts of rape;
- Faisal Nadeem, aged 32, jailed for 12 years for rape and supply of Class A drugs;
- Mohammed Azeem, aged 33, jailed for 18 years after being found guilty of five counts of rape;
- Wiqas Mahmud, aged 38, jailed for 15 years after being found guilty by a jury of three rape offenses;
- Manzoor Hassan, aged 38, jailed for 5 years for the supply of Class A drugs, administering a noxious substance and inciting a person under 18 into prostitution.
Trial three results:
- Niaz Ahmed, 54, found guilty inciting a child to engage in sexual activity and sexual assault;
- Mohammed Imran Ibrar, 34, found guilty of trafficking for sexual exploitation and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
- Asif Bashir, 33, found guilty of rape and attempted rape.
- Mohammed Akram, 33 found guilty of two counts of trafficking for sexual exploitation and two counts of rape
The four defendants in trial three will be sentenced on 1 November at Leeds Crown Court and have been remanded in custody since their convictions.
Leave a Reply