The Ministry of Tourism in Saudi Arabia has announced relaxation in the visa requirements for residents of United Arab Emirates (UAE) and other GCC countries.
According to the details, the residents of UAE and other GCC countries can now apply for a visit visa to Saudi Arabia regardless of profession. Earlier, the Kingdom had set a list of professions that GCC residents had to fall under in order to apply for a tourism visa.
The development was announced by the Kingdom’s Minister of Tourism, Ahmed Al Khateeb, on Twitter. “Saudi Arabia visa application is now simpler, more convenient and straightforward for residents of GCC states, regardless of their process.” he stated.
#SaudiArabia visa application is now simpler, more convenient and straightforward for residents of GCC states, regardless of their profession. Apply now https://t.co/wyvezLCitl pic.twitter.com/GrzwhpzrE5— Ahmed Al Khateeb أحمد الخطيب (@AhmedAlKhateeb) March 9, 2023
Furthermore, a picture shared by the minister stated that GCC residents can now apply for a tourist visa for Saudi Arabia of up to 90 days regardless of their occupation via the eVisa application.
eVisa Application Process
- Visit the eVisa page (visitsaudi.com/visa) and fill out the required information.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the eVisa fees.
- Get your eVisa by e-mail.
- Residency document must be valid for at least 3 months.
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months..
eVisa Eligibility Requirements (GCC Residents)
- Minimum age of applicants is 18. (For children under 18, the parent is required to apply first.)
- When applying, the passport must be valid for at least six months. Applicants also must have a residency ID from a GCC country valid for no less than three months.
- For religious tourists, please note that visa holders can perform Umrah anytime except during the Hajj season.
- Applicants must complete separate visa applications for each member of their direct family and must accompany the member upon entering Saudi.
- The cost for the eVisa is SAR300 plus full health insurance fees.
- The multiple-entry tourist visa is valid for one year from the date of issuance, and the permissible period of stay is 90 days.
- The single-entry tourist visa is valid for three months from the date of issuance, and the permissible period of stay is 30 days.
- The visa application fee is non-refundable.