NOW BUG FREE
Yes you are right, it’s Original KitKat for A900 😀 INCPak team member Jawad found this on Pittech Forum. It was actually developed for GM Discovery (A900’s Turkish clone) by burakgon and it’s working perfectly on A900 and other clones of it running on Chinese firmware.
Here are some screenshots of KitKat.
Original KitKat for A900
Note: INCPak is not responsible if you somehow mess up with your phone. We don’t provide any kind of guarantee if you don’t follow proper step by step installation procedure. So follow all steps carefully and never skip any step.
- Download the file from the given link above.
- To flash this file your A900 must be rooted and have custom recovery installed. If your phone is not rooted kindly refer to this post for rooting procedure: http://www.incpak.com/tech/qmobile-a900-root-method-and-custom-recovery/
- For installing custom recovery in your phone kindly follow these steps:
- Download and install MTKtools from playstore
- Download CWMR from here: http://d-h.st/Sle
- Open MTKtools
- Select recovery update option
- Browse to your downloaded CWMR and apply it
- Now place the downloaded file (octarom_kk_discovery_1.zip) in the root of your SD card
- Turn off your phone
- Go to the recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power button at the same time
- First make a backup of your current ROM so if you mess up somewhere you can go back to your old ROM
- Select backup and restore and then select backup. Wait until its done
- Now go back and select Wipe/data or Factory reset
- Select wipe cache partition
- Now go to advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Go back to main menu of recovery mode
- Now select install zip from sd card
- Choose the file “octarom_kk_1.zip”
- Wait for 5-10 minutes for the ROM to flash completely.
- Once its done go back to main menu and reboot your phone
- Tada! Your device is running KitKat now 😀
None 😀 All bugs have been fixed by the original developer, so enjoy the KitKat 😀
- burakgon (for developing this Kitkat)
- Jawad Naqvi (for finding this ROM and testing this ROM)
- Syed Ahmed Ali Shah (for screenshots and testing this ROM)
- Basit Nadeem (for making this Post)
- Farhan Imaan (for providing INCPak platform)
// Click here for the original thread.//