Pakistan Day or Pakistan Resolution Day also Republic Day is a national holiday in Pakistan to commemorate the Lahore Resolution of 1940 and the adoption of the first constitution of Pakistan during the transition of the Dominion of Pakistan to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on 23 March 1956 making Pakistan the world’s first Islamic republic. Republic Day parade by the armed forces is a common celebration for the event.
DIL DIL PAKISTAN REMIX
Pakistan had obtained its independence from the British Raj the 14th of August 1947. 23 March was originally supposed to commemorate the adoption of the first constitution of Pakistan and thus the declaration of Pakistan as a republic. However, Field Marshal Ayub Khan abrogated the constitution and declared martial law. Khan’s regime, in order to justify celebrating the national day, changed it to commemorate the 1940 landmark, during which All-India Muslim League passed the Lahore Resolution which later cemented the formation of a new nation in the sub-continent as Pakistan, even though it did not actually mention Pakistan at all. The Muslim League annual conference was held from 22–24 March 1940 and the Lahore Resolution was passed on 23 March.
Mili Naghmay (Patriotic Songs):
1. Mera Paigam Pakistan – Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
2. Yeh Watan Tumhara Hai – Mehdi Hasan
3. Dil Dil Pakistan – Vital Signs
4. Yun Di Hume Azadi – Original
5. Jeeway Jeeway Pakistan – Shahnaz Begum
6. Naya Pakistan INSHA ALLAH – Salman Ahmed,Shahi Hasan,Nusrat Hussain,Junaid Jamshed
7. Azaadi – Junoon
8. Ae Jazba Junoon – Junoon
9. Pak Fazaiya Key Shaheen – Rahim Shah
10. Tum Hi Sai Aai Mujahido – Alamgir