CHINA: Chinese Government Scholarship is a fully funded and is established to attract outstanding international students. The students can avail this opportunity and enroll themselves in the Wuhan University for Masters and Doctoral Programs. The applications will open from January 1, 2021. The application deadline is March 31, 2021.
Chinese Government Scholarship, Wuhan University 2021 will only support master’s students for three years and doctoral students for only four years. All foreign students are eligible to apply at Wuhan University.
The required age for master’s students is under 35 years and that for doctoral students under 40 years. The students should directly apply for admission at Wuhan University and then apply for Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University.
Table of contents
Supporting Categories, Duration, Majors and Instruction Language
- This scholarship only supports graduate students. It supports master’s students for no more than three years and doctoral students for no more than four years.
- The duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, is as specified in the Admission Notice.
- Teaching language: Chinese/English.
The following attachment can help you find information on supporting majors and medium of instruction.
Eligibility of Applicants
- Foreign citizenship, and in good health.
- Applicants who apply for a Master’s degree should be under 35 years old and have a Bachelor degree.
- Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a Master degree.
- Applicants of Chinese-medium programs should have at least an HSK level four certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test) when applying. Applicants who meet HSK level five or above can apply for the major study directly, those who have not reached HSK level five can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
- Applicants of English-medium programs should provide a score report of English Language test，TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5. Those who cannot offer the above-mentioned standard English test results, can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is English, and they will be required to participate in an additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University.
- Native English-speaking applicants can be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants for the English-medium graduate program of clinical medicine should have HSK Level four or above certificate, and those applicants who have not reached HSK Level four can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
- 5. Applicants did not receive any other types of scholarship.
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
- Tuition and application fee waiver;
- Free accommodation;
- Living allowance: (PHD 3500RMB/per month, Master 3000RMB/per month);
- Comprehensive medical insurance;
- International travel expenses: self-afforded.
If you want to know more details about the scholarship, please visit the website at Campus China
Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply
Apply to the Wuhan University directly.
When to Apply
You need to apply between January 1st and March 31st, 2021.
Application documents submitted online after the deadline of March 31st will not be considered.
Procedure of Application
1. Firstly, register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://www.campuschina.org/. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Please Choose Program category– type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program. After completing the online application, please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship”.
2. Next, register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whu.edu.cn. Please choose sources of funds — Chinese Government Program. After completing the online application, please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University”.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
- Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University (written in Chinese or English).
- Notarized highest diploma(degree certificate) and transcripts（the original notarized copies issued directly by your school/university or public notary office with an official stamp）. Prospective diploma recipients should submit an official pre-graduation certificate, transcript, and on-school performance certificate issued by your current school, and the pre-graduation certificate should prove not only their current student status but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Study Plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or in English.
- Two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
- Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport (personal information page, the validity of the passport should be at least until Dec. 31, 2021).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese, can be downloaded from http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81. The Physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered invalid.
- Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only six months. Please keep the original copy of the form for the school registration.
- A copy of a valid HSK certificate is required if applying for a Chinese-medium program. The copy of valid English level certificate for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
- A copy of the Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).
- No application fee for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program in Wuhan University. Applicants should apply directly to Wuhan University and cannot submit an application document through any intermediary agencies.
- Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure that an accurate phone number, email address, and mailing address (including postcode, city name) are provided.
- Applicants do not need to send us hard copies of the application document. Some of the applicants will receive an interview notice informed by our schools around early April. Only those applicants who have passed the preliminary evaluation of the university and are informed by our email notice around April 15th should submit us all application document in one set of hard copies by DHL or EMS. As for the highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript, the original document is not required, but the original notarized highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript should be submitted. Whether accepted or not, the document will not be returned.
- Those applicants who do not receive our email notice around April 15th have failed the preliminary evaluation of the university.
- In addition to the above application document, the university has the right to require the applicant to provide other materials if it is necessary.
- Please visit the website http://admission.whu.edu.cn/cn/?c=content&a=list&catid=165 for the frequently asked questions if you have any doubts about the application.
- About application status, please visit our website for the latest information.
Admission and Registration:
- The pre-admitted students will be informed by e-mail around the end of May 2021. The final result of scholarship winners will be informed at the end of July 2021, and the official admission document will be delivered at that time.
- Admitted students will enroll in early September 2021, and go through the admission and registration procedures at Wuhan University in strict accordance with the time specified in the admission notice. The scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
- The Scholarship recipients shall not be allowed to change their host university, the field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Notice after their coming to China.
- The Scholarship qualification will be evaluated annually.
Person: Ms. Yuanquan
Admissions Office 101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, No.299, Bayi Road, Wuchang Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430072;
Master and Doctoral programs of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Science of Environment and Natural Resources Protection Law
- Regional Economy Studies
- International Relations
- International Politics
- International Business
- Journalism and Communication
- Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
- Chinese Philology
- International Law (Water Law)
- Biology (Including all Ph.D. majors)
- Clinical Medicine
- Global Health（Including all master’s and Ph.D. majors）
- Chemistry (Including all Ph.D. majors)
- Electrical Engineering
- Cartography and Geographical Information System
Master and Doctor programs of life, Medicine，Global Health，Engineering and Geography
- Biology(Including all Ph.D. majors)
- Clinical Medicine
- Global Health Including all master’s and Ph.D. majors）
- Chemistry(Including all Ph.D. majors)
- Electrical Engineering
- Cartography and Geographical Information System
Note: The exact enrollment majors will be announced at the end of December of 2021.
For Details Visit
Read More on similar posts : SCHOLARSHIPS