The Higher Education Commission announces (HEC) Overseas Scholarships 2021 for PhD and MS/M.Phil Scholarships for Pakistan and Azad Kashmir’s students.
HEC is now accepting the application for the spring/fall sessions Scholarships 2021 via their portal for the admissions in the Top-Ranked International Universities of the selected countries.
HEC announces Overseas Scholarships for Ph.D. and MS/M. Phil scholarships. Ph.D.
HEC overseas scholarships 2021 are offered in selected fields whereas MS/M. Phil scholarships are offered in Engineering Technology.
Scholarships will be awarded for the Spring-2021/Fall-2021 session in HEC-identified top-ranked foreign universities of advanced countries.
Applications can be submitted latest by October 12, 2020. Interested candidates can submit the online applications at the HEC website. Appearing in the HEC Aptitude test is also required for the HEC Overseas Scholarship.
HEC Overseas Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Pakistani/AJK national
- For Ph.D. scholarships, candidates must have a minimum qualification of MS/MPhil/ME or equivalent (18 years) before the closing date.
- For MS/M. Phil scholarships in Engineering Technology, Candidates must have a minimum of sixteen years of education and should be registered with National Technology Council (NTC), Pakistan.
- Maximum one-second division throughout the academic career prior to the final degree.
- A minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in semester system or first division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil/ME/Equivalent degree.
- Maximum age on the closing date:
- 40 years for full-time regular Faculty Members of Public Sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the Public Sector R & D organizations registered with Pakistan Council for Science & Technology (PCST)
- 35 years for all others
- Must have a minimum of 70% marks in a valid HEC Aptitude Test (HAT). HEC will consider the best HAT score for the last two years for short-listing purposes.
- Must not be availing any other scholarship
HEC-Aptitude Test (HAT):
Education Testing Council (ETC) Pakistan will conduct HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) on 18 October 2020 (tentatively). For more information, visit the official website of ETC https://etc.hec.gov.pk
HEC Overseas Scholarship Application Procedure:
- Applicants are required to submit an online application via HEC e-portal https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/.
- Original online deposit slip OR ATM transfer slip of Rs 500/- (non–refundable) as application processing fee in favor of DG Finance, HEC must be uploaded on HEC e-portal. Fee can be deposited in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Islamabad Pakistan through any bank.